Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question,

A few weeks ago I needed to use 4wd lo (pulling out a car stuck frozen to the ground on a snow packed gravel driveway). I don't remember that last time I used 4wd-lo. Most of the time I only use 4wd hi and have had no problems. My problem is that since I used 4wd lo, the indicator light on the dash is no longer turns on reliablely if I am in 4wd hi or 4wd lo.

My shift lever is the floor mounted kind and until that day has been very reliable turning off or on. 4wd still shifts normally with-out any problems. the light will turn on intermittantly but with-out warning (when in 4wd). I tried moving the selector back and forth half dozen times from 4wd-hi all the way to 4wd-lo this past week hoping things may clear up but I havn't had any luck.

I do a fair amount of shifting from 2wd to 4wd-hi and I do like looking at the dash to see where I left the shift selector before pulling out on to the road.

Thanks

·
Registered
348 Posts
Just replaced my 4WD indicator switch a couple weeks ago. The switch was about $35.00 and is on the top of the transfer case. Guess you can check the connection frist. According to past threads and the dealer, 95% of the indicator light issues originate with the switch.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I've been working out of town and havn't had a chance to crawl under and look. I have time to check this weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.