DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the 4th gen Ram truck subforum too. Posting here in hopes of a few more responses.

I have a 2012 power wagon. Love the truck, but man the transmission is one noisy mother. Ever since Day 1 it has made loud metal to metal "slapping" noises that the service manager told me was slack in the drivetrain that is normal and won't hurt anything.

The truck now has about 26K on it and the transmission is fine, other than this so-called normal slack. Lately I have myself convinced the slapping is getting more frequent (it used only really be noticeable when shifting from reverse to park, now it seems to be slapping at other times too).

So my question to you all is, how is your transmission? Is it noisy too? How has the reliability been? I hear other Rams of the same model year around in parking lots and such that seem to be just as noisy when pulling out of parking spaces, etc. so maybe this is not a big deal in actuality?

I really don't want to take this thing to the dealer (extended warranty) and have them tear the transmission apart if there is no really good reason to.

Thanks all.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.