DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 03 4.7 QC 4x4, and looking for a newer one, for the most part I like my truck, but have had some issues with it. Like the front wheel bearing going bad, the upper and lower ball joints bad at 70,000 mile, the heater blend door issues, heater core, all of this under 100k miles.
So looking to here what to expect from the 4th gens, and this time will be a Hemi.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Not many that I can think of. Many people have had to have their HVAC blend door motors fail but an easy and relatively cheap fix.

·
Cant see me
1,210 Posts
I am in the market too and found a 2011. What would be the best your to get from 2009 to 12 and why? I've done a lot of research on here and it is hard to find a thread that has the common problems of this generation Ram.

·
Supa Powa Wagn!!
7 Posts
I had a 2012 power wagon with cruise issues. Tried fixing it with a new clockspring and new switch. Worked for a few days then it quit again. Not sure if its a common issue or not but thats the only thing I ever had troubles with in the 2.5 years I owned it. Well and keeping fuel in it lol.

·
Registered
746 Posts
2017 Laramie quad cab 2 wheel drive 51,000. Just the stupid recalls (tailgate lock and cruise control) so far. And neither recall item had any problems. Mine gets over 1000 miles put on it every week.

·
RamFever
601 Posts
My 1st Ram was a 96 Sport, I sold it to my father with 80,000 miles and never had a problem with it. I then bought a 2004 Ram with Hemi, that I sold to my brother after 175,000 miles and I replaced the suspension before I sold it to him, so really had no problems with it. I kept up with regular maintenance on it. I bought a new 2015 and have had no problems with this one either so far, knock on wood. I just hate these dang recalls on this latest one!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.