DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 with a 5.9 24 valve cummins.
The stock transmission is a 47re.
I need to rebuild my tranny but I got the wrong rebuilding kit. The kit I got says its for a 48re. But I have a buddy with a 46re and its in amazing condition and he would sell it to me cheap.
So my main question is, can I put a 46re in place of my 47re?
Thanks in advance!

·
Red Trucker
2,399 Posts
No, definitely not. 46RE was the small block trans behind the 318 & 360. Even if you could make it work in your truck, that diesel would blow it apart. Might be worth investigating if you can put a 48RE in place of your 47RE.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, definitely not. 46RE was the small block trans behind the 318 & 360. Even if you could make it work in your truck, that diesel would blow it apart. Might be worth investigating if you can put a 48RE in place of your 47RE.
Thats kind of what I thought from research and what other people have told me. I just wanted to get another opinion. Looks like I am rebuilding the transmission. Thank you so much for your reply!

·
Red Trucker
2,399 Posts
Thats kind of what I thought from research and what other people have told me. I just wanted to get another opinion. Looks like I am rebuilding the transmission. Thank you so much for your reply!
No problem. Check out ATS before you go with a stock rebuild.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts