Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
99 Durango
46RE Transmission

I could not get the shifter any higher than nuetral. While the trans was still in the vehicle, I pulled the pan to see if there were parts in the bottom. I did not see anything, so I pulled the valve body. While doing that, parts began falling off of the top the the valve body. The adjuster wedge was one, which I believe was my problem, as it was likely wedged in the linkage. The other was the accumulator and spring. I looked all around and did not see any other parts. The manual I have is for a 42RE trans. This shows an inner and outer spring with the accummulator piston. I only have an outer, unless I really lost the inner. The picture the Chrysler parts dealer brought up had both, but when he went to get the part #, it did not list a # when matched with a 5.9 motor.
Does anyone know if a 46RE transmission behind a 5.9 should have an inner and outer spring?

Thanks for the help.
Owen

· 4 Wheel Power Disc Brakes
5,837 Posts
Your kickdown linkage is what came apart and jambed the shift mechanism.. The wedge and a strut about 2-1/2" long.
Its most likely that the small spring is what forced the accumulator out... The 46rh I installed in my van had both springs and a 42rh I rebuilt a year ago did also.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.