DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IN NEED OF DESPERATE HELP!! my old toque converter seal on my truck (98 model) is bad and its on a 99 transmission..... I CANNOT SEEM TO FIND THE RIGHT SIZE FOR THIS SEAL!!!! Its starting to drive me to insanity..... they fit on the nose of the converter but either dont seal in the pump or are WAY to big to fit in the pump.... the only number i can find on the original seal is 17002A and no parts store nor transmission shop near me can find it...... and i dont have 2 weeks to wait for shipping...... anybody else have the same problem.... and yes ive even tried summit racing.... they dont have it either

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
I believe there are two different seals depending on year. This one comes up on rock auto for a 46RE...
TIMKEN 331227H I would get the OEM # from chrysler then search for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Timken isnt a fit. Tried that one too. And i tried getting chrysler to get the part number. They dont even have the transmission logged into their data base. Had to get the local trans shop to confirm it by telling me to use the bolt pattern on the bottom that holds the pan. Ive been working on this truck since i was 16. Im currently 20 and im still being mind blown by it. The trans shop said they didnt have the seal in stock either. This dang seal is making me actually wanna cry

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Most of the online parts search engines don't go back to 2000, I had the some problem at wal mart looking up a bulb i needed. WTF!? Like the vehicles just disappear after 20 years. I looked around and still seeing two different seals being available depending on trans(46/42re)
TIMKEN Part # 331228H
Trans. code 42RH; 4 speed trans.
TIMKEN Part # 331227H
Trans. code 46RH; 4 speed trans.
you didn't say what motor/trans you have so i assume it's a 46RE. ???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
46re but none of the seals that have the claimed right part number fit in the trans. And i tried the timken 331227h at the bumper to bumper parts store near me. Not it

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
How do you know it's 46RE? Look above the pan on the drivers side there are some #'s. What are they?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts