DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,haven't been on here in quite sometime but have had a lot of computer problems but that's a whole other topic.
This off season i pulled my 408 stroker out of the Aspen and thought I'd do a inspection of how the motor has been holding up. Once i removed the oil pan i noticed large dents in my windage tray. When i installed that tray and bolted it on and turned the engine checking for clearance and everything was good with some modifications. What i didn't notice was when i installed the Milodon pan it caused the tray to move in tighter and took my clearances out.
No one i know makes a tray for 408 strokers so I'm thinking of running it without.
Think there will be any power lost? On the dyno it pulled 537hp & 540tq with a 750hp carb and step up headers. We changed to 1 7/8 headers & 830 carb and got 550hp & 550tq.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did just that. I cut the sides back and flared it out for more clearance and made sure it had room when the pan went back on.
It was when i put the dip stick back in with the pan off that i noticed just how close that oil is to the crank.
Should be good now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.