DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

· Hemi2nV
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I want to thank Luke for coming all this way to do my cam/spring install on my truck. We def had alot of fun doing the install and tuning and running my truck. Put about 300 miles on the truck today as Luke, me, and my gf took a trip to MD to meet up with PH. Luke is an awesome mechanic and def knows his stuff. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a cam install in the Michigan area. It was great to finally meet you, Luke is def a good friend. Hope you had a safe trip home bud. And I look foward to a trip up there this summer for some more mods!!!

Also I want to thank Sam for his time sat. And especially PH for all of his help with the PSC1 on sat and today. It was great meeting you Gadier.

I also want to thank Stu for all of his time helping me choose a great cam. It has met and exceeded my expectations by far. This cam freaking rocks. The smile hasnt left my face all weekend. :rck: :rck: :rck:

The Install:
It took about 9 hours friday night for luke to swap out my cams and install the 6.1 springs, Manley pushrods, and Manley Ti-retainers. I have some pics im going to post up in a few minutes of the install. We then took a break and started again at about 10:30 sat morning. Somehow my batt died over night so we had to jump my truck and it took us most of the morning to figure out my problems with the PSC1. My truck would not idle or run without the PSC1. But after about 3 hours of messing with it we finally got it to work. There must be 5 blue/greeen striped wires on C2 on the PCM. Finally did a continuity test to find the right wire for the MAP sesor ground. Biggest pain in the butt ever. Stupid wire. haha. But after that was fixed we got a pretty good idle tune on my truck and started the WOT tuning.

The Tune:
After messing around with the voltages. My volts at WOT are in the 4.5-4.6 cells. So i tuned from 3500 rpms on up. My max cell value is 11.2 and no limp mode. Word is 11.5 puts these trucks in limp mode at WOT in 3rd gear. But that could be just hear-say. LOL. My truck is still leaning out above 5000 rpms so 6.1 injectors are on their way.

The Cam:

PR&D Custom Ground Camshaft <---- Thanks again Stu!
Specs: 218/218 .566/.566 113lsa

Hold on to your pants.... yea that about sums up the cam. Luke has installed 21 cams and he said by far this is his favorite cam. It sounds like a comp 268 at idle but its alot more aggressive. I still have my stock cats so its not that loud..... YET!! Oh yea and 350 miles after the install I have no codes at all. Yea im pretty stoked. Let just say when I get a better tune on my truck its going to be ever better. It smokes my 22s in 1st then catches traction and breaks the tires loose again and it hits 3k... Then chips the 22s going into 2nd and keeps on pulling like a mofo. I freaking love this cam!!

More tuning to come... so stay tuned! :rck:

We also weighed my truck sat night and its 5300 lbs in street trim with 3/4 of a tank of gas.

Next Mods:
Well you will just have to wait and see..... :D

· Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
I think you can go all the way to the 13s before limp mode I'm at 12 at 6000 and 6500 with no problems.

· Hemi2nV
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Hemi2nV
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
some more...

Someone loves to change valve springs... haha

· Hemi2nV
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last ones... enjoy :D

· Registered
22,981 Posts
Sweet. Glad your enjoying it Bro, I cant wait until I get my 260 in after New Years.

KB

· Had 392.. Now.. LS2 GTO!!
4,349 Posts
the cam destorys the sidewinder/268/tomahawk for power wise his truck pulls very very hard i am impressed..

but after riding in 383s hemis truck today it was slow again!

· Hemi2nV
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
400rwhphemi said:
the cam destorys the sidewinder/268/tomahawk for power wise his truck pulls very very hard i am impressed..

but after riding in 383s hemis truck today it was slow again!
No you got it wrong luke... Gadiers truck is SlOw. haha.

Well Lauren says its time for bed. lol. Glad you made it home safe bro. Going to do some tuning tomorrow afternoon. Ill let you know how it goes.

4,349 Posts
i am not home i am stuck in detroit at a hotel.. my flight was late coming in and i missed the next one i leave in the morning at 8 yippee... oh well at the hotel on the comp.

nice meeting you again matt.. laters

· Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,213 Posts
Awesome guys!! I take it by the one picture Luke didn't like doing the springs on the drivers side? :D Also that is one freakin' sweet garage to work in!!! :rck:

· Garaged
4,167 Posts
Luke and Matt, nice to finially meet you guys. Sure was funn terrorizing the nighborhood around Salisbury University eh. :D

05whitehemi said:
I think you can go all the way to the 13s before limp mode I'm at 12 at 6000 and 6500 with no problems.
While tuning on the way home from MD yesterday, I hit limp mode trying to add fuel. My highest number in my WOT tune was 11.5. Us guys on the East Coast are running 4.5-4.6v Map at WOT vs. your 4.3-4.4 which gives us little room to improve on whatever injector is in there. Needless to say, I couldn't get enough fuel out of the 6.1 injectors to feed the Beast.

PH

· fuggin EH!!!
1,331 Posts
Luke has installed 21 cams and he said by far this is his favorite cam.
ahhh he says that to everyone he installs a cam for. :D
But seriously, congrats on the new cam. Luke is definately a great guy to have doing the work!! :rck:

· Hemi2nV
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
400rwhphemi said:
i am not home i am stuck in detroit at a hotel.. my flight was late coming in and i missed the next one i leave in the morning at 8 yippee... oh well at the hotel on the comp.

nice meeting you again matt.. laters
damn dude that sucks... the rain must of messed you guys up. Thats what sucks about a short layover.

· Hemi2nV
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
383HEMI said:
Luke and Matt, nice to finially meet you guys. Sure was funn terrorizing the nighborhood around Salisbury University eh. :D

While tuning on the way home from MD yesterday, I hit limp mode trying to add fuel. My highest number in my WOT tune was 11.5. Us guys on the East Coast are running 4.5-4.6v Map at WOT vs. your 4.3-4.4 which gives us little room to improve on whatever injector is in there. Needless to say, I couldn't get enough fuel out of the 6.1 injectors to feed the Beast.

PH
Im going to see if 11.8 puts my truck in limp mode today.... :D

· Registered
2,202 Posts
Glad it's working. I'm always a little nervous when a new profile is being tried.

4,349 Posts
the truck is fast and i am now home damn airplanes not a big deal had a good time at the bar last night..

glad the truck is running and i can tell you that it pulls alot harder than mine after 3k after driving my truck today.. can't wait to see what stus cam does for me! come'on big fat TQ curve

· Hemi2nV
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
400rwhphemi said:
the truck is fast and i am now home damn airplanes not a big deal had a good time at the bar last night..

glad the truck is running and i can tell you that it pulls alot harder than mine after 3k after driving my truck today.. can't wait to see what stus cam does for me! come'on big fat TQ curve
Well my truck will still be faster for another week or so. :D

you get my text last night? my gf tought you how to text fast and you cant even text me back you fool. hahaha

4,349 Posts
lol my phone died last night! i saw you said later when i was at PHL and that was it i told my roomamte about it to he didn't know how to do that either in the phone its awesome.

does she know you are on DT now? lol

get some vids of the idle and what not
post that one vid i took

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.