DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a high performance 400 big block with headers and I am looking for the best plugs that will clear my headers and yet wont foul out very easy

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
I like the NGK's FR-5's in my BigBlock,(440), but then again I use 5/8 plugs in my alloy heads. What type of Carb, or can you tell us more about the engine combo? If it's a high compression , big cammed 'plant' it might need a colder plug than whats normally used. If it's stock, then Champions or NGK's should do the trick.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 400 big block 30 over flat top pistons,edelbrock performer RPM intake, a little bit lopey cam, 906 heads, and headers. The choke flap stayed shut and it fouled 3 of the plugs after driving it about 20 miles. I would like to get a 5/8 plug for it cause the 13/16 ones are a little tight fitting. Please help me I need to get it running good before this weekend

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where Could I buy them? oriellys or auto zone? and about how much do they cost................THATS A VERY NICE CAR!!!

·
Hemi 4x4/Challenger T/A
1,485 Posts
I always ran Autolites in my big blocks, along with the orange box Mopar electronic ignition.
Never fouled a plug, even with the six pak.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.