·
CHRISTINE
1,443 Posts
:rck::rck::D

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:rck:...:rck:...:rck:...:rck:...:rck:...:rck:...:rck:...:rck:...:rck:...:rck:...:rck:...:rck:...:rck:...:rck:...:rck:...:rck:...:rck:...:rck:...:rck:...:rck:...:rck:...:rck:...:rck:

:D...........................:gr_patrio

·
^BIG D^
2,283 Posts
Sweet! All the more reason to buy me one late next year!

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
It beat a Mega Cab and a F-150. That doesn't seem like much of a challenge. The Peterson Off Road with the Power Wagon and the Jeep Rubicon was a good read. Not sure I want to read this one.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It beat a Mega Cab and a F-150. That doesn't seem like much of a challenge. The Peterson Off Road with the Power Wagon and the Jeep Rubicon was a good read. Not sure I want to read this one.
YEP..... Not that many NEW or substantially NEW Products out there right now. BUT----- A WIN is a WIN is a WIN!!!!!!! :rck:

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
:loud: OK people, lets be honest here. That was a lame test, to be sure, but this is a sore subject of mine, here's why. The name of the magazines are: FOUR WHEELER MAGAZINE & PETERSONS FOUR WHEEL & OFF-ROAD MAGAZINE. The very name of each of them implies thoughts of off-road four wheel drives. As such, the Power Wagon SHOULD have won each and every year since it was re-released in 2005---in the pickup category. It is the ONLY one that can haul ass, haul a real big ass payload & haul it's big ass up/through things that no other stock pickup can. I thought the very nature of these magazines would eventually cause all of the manufacturers to make a better more capable off-road worthy truck. At least Dodge/Ram listened. No one else did. So, instead, the other manufacturers cried foul (just like they did when Mopar came out with the Dodge Daytona & it swept all the NASCAR wins---NASCAR banned it), the magazines came up with "new criteria" for the tests. In order to "ensure fairness", it has to be "all new" or "significantly changed". That is just lame.

We know the deal. Many do not. They rely on magazines like them to pick thier vehicle for them. I know guys that only buy one or two mags a year---The PTOTY issue or the FWOTY issue. Sad really, because if it was based on real world use & performance off-road (like their name implies) then the Power Wagon would have won every year since 2005. :D

I'm just sayin'. :D

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree! But you know that we all have to play fair ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well these magazines didn't have any influence on my decision to get a 2012 Power Wagon! What made me choose was all your real world,real people experiences with their PW's on this forum!!!!! I was going to build up my 2010 1500 but just reading & following the stories here, made my choice an easy one!!!!! Thank you all !!!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Thats why I dont read those crappy mags... America in general is becoming a melting pot of wussies, and the govt must make sure there are no losers...hell.... Soon football will be played without keeping score so noone gets there feelings hurt... Time to play dodgeball with the editors of those mags.... Oh and congress...

·
Registered
838 Posts
Thats why I dont read those crappy mags... America in general is becoming a melting pot of wussies, and the govt must make sure there are no losers...hell.... Soon football will be played without keeping score so noone gets there feelings hurt... Time to play dodgeball with the editors of those mags.... Oh and congress...
:nta

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
i only look at the pics in the crappy mags so i get ideas. drop a 6.4 under the hood! dodge needs to meet match watch gm does in their hd's for gas.

mike

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
Did anybody ever see the full article on this test? I kind of wonder what they had to say.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.