DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
PAID OFF!
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all i was just wondering if there was some eps chip or something that stops the 4.7l v8 on my 2002 dodge durango 4x4 slt from burning out??? it will take off like a jet but it wont burn out? wat is the problem am i doing something wrong? any tips?

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
I don't quite understand what you mean by "burning out."

·
PAID OFF!
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LIke when a light turns green and u r going straight ahead not turning and u jam on the gas pedal and ur tires spin

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Oh shoot. After rereading your post, I guess that you're asking why it won't do a burnout? I dunno, might the 4X4 have something to do with it. My stock open 3.55 would do a one-wheel peel as long as I wanted it to. After going with a stock Trac-Loc and 4.56's, it takes more grunt to break them BOTH loose, but it does it with ease ('specially on less than tractive surfaces, lol).

·
PAID OFF!
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and you had a 4.7 3.55 rear end, limited slip? that is exactly what i have by even one tire wont spin going straigt ahead

·
Spending
1,786 Posts
if its in 4 u wont burn out. but if u can change it into 2wd ur in luck, lemme kno wut u got

·
PAID OFF!
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah of course you can change it into 2wd or really 1wd cause i got a limited slip, watever i just want to be able to peel out going straigt!

·
287 cu inches of pain
1,137 Posts
Getting rid of the torque manament will help. You really need to add more power for impressive burnouts. I would look at getting a Superchips programmer and a bigger throttle body. When my truck was stock it would just barely chirp the tires on pavement, so you just need more power.

Andrew

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
What he said ^

I don't know how much power I'm making right now. But I make waaaaay more than enough to break them BOTH loose if I don't watch how much of the loud pedal I use.

·
Spending
1,786 Posts
i heard throttle body doesent do much in the preformance department. ANd durango, try holding the brake and slammin on the gas

·
PAID OFF!
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah that should break them loose then they if i let off the brake they should be able to burn out a little longer right?

·
PAID OFF!
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2k2_AtlanticBlu said:
Getting rid of the torque manament will help. You really need to add more power for impressive burnouts. I would look at getting a Superchips programmer and a bigger throttle body. When my truck was stock it would just barely chirp the tires on pavement, so you just need more power.

Andrew
Torque Management??? :huh:

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
I assume that by torque management he is referring to traction control, but that was not used on Gen 1 Durangos only Gen 2.

If you have the AWD transfer case, you will not be able to do a burnout. In order to break even 1 tire loose on pavement you need a PT4WD transfer case with the 2WD option. In order to do burnouts with both rear wheels, you need alot more torque than stock and an LSD or locker.

Throttle body spacers do nothing for performance in a Durango.

A new rebored Throttle body (like the fastman throttle body) will indeed improve HP.

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Not Traction Control, but Torque Management. It's written in to the ECM programming. It lifts the throttle between shifts to make the shift smoother. It's supposed to ease stress on the drivetrain and make for smooooov shifts for Grammy, Grampy, and Nancy drivers. But it don't do diddly for quarter mile times. The SC programmer takes out a bunch of it (not all) and is some of the best bang for the buck if you're looking for a little snap.

But if you want some neck snappin'......DON'T FEAR THE GEAR!! :D :rck:

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
MadMike05 said:
i heard throttle body doesent do much in the preformance department. ANd durango, try holding the brake and slammin on the gas
Throttle body SPACERS don't do dick. A bigger throttle body does (as long as it's part of a package). A CAI, throttle body, and freer flowing exhaust will get that air in and out quicker.

·
PAID OFF!
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:hijacked: :hijacked: :hijacked: :hijacked: :hijacked: :hijacked: :hijacked: :hijacked: :hijacked: :hijacked: :hijacked:

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
its not hijacked. we are still trying to tell him how to achieve a "burnout".

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
That's what I was about to say. If you start with the things said here, you'll be well on your way.

·
287 cu inches of pain
1,137 Posts
Torque management also applies to when you are doing a launch like trying to burnout. If you get a Superchips, or pull the tmr wire, it will help when trying to burnout. If you really just are looking to fry the tires, just hold the brakes down a little and floor the gas!

Andrew

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.