DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok who makes them. i want some for my project truck. I know it will be tight but a set of long tube headers on my 05 4.7L big bore stroker 5.1L build up. when i say it will be tight i mean my truck is 4wd. and i might have to cut and re angle the left side to clear the front drive shaft.

long tube header are just what i need to make the power im looking for. and the hell with cats. who needs them any way lol. i havent had cats that worked since i got the truck. i put a set of o2 sims in at the 1K mark. and gutted the cats. when i put on my shorty headers.

·
The White Collar *******
1,807 Posts
Nobody manufactures them in quantity.

You'll have to have them custom made. Maybe 4.7 flanges, with the tubes from a 5.7 grafted on would work.

What year is your truck? What brand are the O2 sims/ where did you get them?

·
Blown SOHC User
1,950 Posts
x2 on info for the 02 sims! o and pics of this 5.1l stroker too. com'on man, show that beast off

·
SRTs wanna b like me
2,607 Posts
subd. did u put the o2 sim on the front o2 sensor too?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my ram is a 2005, the o2 sims are only on the secandary the primary o2 read the a/f ratio. show off my 5.1 build yeah when its done. im waiting on gettimg my crank back from falicon. the motor is a mild stroker. mostly a 4.7L HO stroked and bored to a 5.1L stock HO cams, stock heads that will get a mild porting. stock intake for now,
still got plans on putting a SVT blower, or an intercooled kenny bell blower. with a hot SCT tune. i might just take my shorty headers and cut them and make the tubes longer. now im going to have get go searching for my notes on header building. as there is a math to it. to long or too short can really hurt performance. im looking for alot of midrange TQ and HP. with a nice peak in power near 5K. and killer lowend grunt. this engine is being built for my truck thats getting 6" of lift and trimmed wheel wells to fit 38" super swamper tires. 4.56 gears is the most i can get for the axles and the 6 spd getrag for my trans, so i need all the grunt i can get with out cheating and going to a hemi. Hemi's are over rated. i want to say nope it dont got a hemi. is a baby small block.

·
Blown SOHC User
1,950 Posts
awww man ! no pics of the block or nothing? :(

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
nope no [pics. i wont show anything till its all done. but i will give some specs. on it. falicon has bull nosed and polished the crank wts. carillo rods. are being used. scat rods are cheaper. but i like carillo rods. they have been balanced also along with the new ross pistons. this pistons have teflon coated skirts, and ceramic tops. the heads are getting cleaned up and thermal coasted as well. and a mild porting to make the HO cams flow at there peak. im looking into having kibble white make me new over sized valves.

so far not even having it as a short block i got more into it then if i got a used HEMI.

the block looks like a 4.7L just bored out a little. and cleaned up.

if i had money to blow i would have had a complete billet alum block made. but that in the near 20K range. a little bit far for my budget.

·
The White Collar *******
1,807 Posts
Sounds good.

Where did you get the O2 simulators?

·
Blown SOHC User
1,950 Posts
x2 in the o2 sims? im dying to get rid of these CEL's!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i got my o2 sims from the fastman. a couple yrs ago. no problems and no MIL light yet. and the truck runs great. does have a that wierd smell when you get on it hard and let off. you can smell there is no cats on the truck.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
nope no [pics. i wont show anything till its all done. but i will give some specs. on it. falicon has bull nosed and polished the crank wts. carillo rods. are being used. scat rods are cheaper. but i like carillo rods. they have been balanced also along with the new ross pistons. this pistons have teflon coated skirts, and ceramic tops. the heads are getting cleaned up and thermal coasted as well. and a mild porting to make the HO cams flow at there peak. im looking into having kibble white make me new over sized valves.

so far not even having it as a short block i got more into it then if i got a used HEMI.

the block looks like a 4.7L just bored out a little. and cleaned up.

if i had money to blow i would have had a complete billet alum block made. but that in the near 20K range. a little bit far for my budget.
If you have not bored it out yet we have Darton sleeves available that will allow you to punch your 4.7L out to a 3.85 bore from the factory 3.66 bore.

With our Darton Sleeves alone you can achieve a 5.2L with the factory stroke crank... your stroker crank will net you even more.

These are available right now through us.

We also have the ability to stroke your factory crank to a 3.5" stroke from the factory 3.42 stroke.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
ok who makes them. i want some for my project truck. I know it will be tight but a set of long tube headers on my 05 4.7L big bore stroker 5.1L build up. when i say it will be tight i mean my truck is 4wd. and i might have to cut and re angle the left side to clear the front drive shaft.

long tube header are just what i need to make the power im looking for. and the hell with cats. who needs them any way lol. i havent had cats that worked since i got the truck. i put a set of o2 sims in at the 1K mark. and gutted the cats. when i put on my shorty headers.
You can buy everything you need from Stans Headers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.