DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I just received my injectors that are supposed to be 24# injectors and learn they are in fact the same exact PART NUMBERS as my stock 4.7L injectors. (Honest mistake)

I then look up the part numbers for the H/O to find out it uses the SAME part number as the standard 4.7L...

I have read how the stock injectors are supposed to be 19# and the H/O injectors are said to be 25.8# then how come they share the same part number? I was expecting 24#ers only to learn they are IDENTICAL to the ones I already have.

Im not upset... I know it was an honest mistake but how can this be? Does the H/O in fact have the same INJECTOR? Why does it say the H/O uses 28.5# injectors when the injectors are no different than the stock ones.

Can anyone shed any light on the chrysler INJECTOR conspiracy?

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Banned
505 Posts
I suppose they could conceivably just change something simple in the ECM program or calibration, like the injector pulse width, for the HO application. Wouldn't surprise me if they are the same, but I really wouldn't know.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hmm Im hoping thats true but then how the heck would we get at it? Still no tuner for the 04+ 4.7's :VHOT:
Batman

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
powerfulhemi said:
I suppose they could conceivably just change something simple in the ECM program or calibration, like the injector pulse width, for the HO application. Wouldn't surprise me if they are the same, but I really wouldn't know.
The numbering on the injectors is their flow rate. The rate used in application is then determined by the pulse width and the mean time between activation. To accurately tune an injector system to any given engine (and it's modifications), you first need the correct rack pressure and injectors with the correct flow rate. Minor adjustments can be made in the PWM, but there comes a point where that can not compensate for a greater fuel need. That's when you need to move to a bigger injector with a heavier flow rate.

WTH? The only explanation I can think of is that the H.O. motor just doesn't have enough of an airflow increase to warrant bigger injectors. But that doesn't explain the difference in stated injectors, but with the same part number. Nick, they don't have any different markings? Like a 24 anywhere, or a 19 anywhere else?

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NOPE... the dealership recomends the same injector for both engines... they told me that if one of their mechanics came in and needed an injector for an H/O or Standard 4.7L they would get the same exact injector.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
To be honest with you Nick, that's what I'd expect. I didn't think there'd be enough of a power nor airflow difference between the two to warrant bigger injectors.

Who was it that said the HO had the bigger injectors?

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I never considered the H/O fuel injectors untill I was offered a set of 24# H/O injectors. I really did NOT question if they where 24lbs or not... I just assumed they had to be if he says he has a set. The person I purchased them from was also under the impression they where 24lb injectors... And I was looking for EXACTLY 24lb injectors, So we struck a deal and I received them today.

I really never did any research on the H/O injectors untill today. This is the only site I have found that list the difference.

http://www.wjjeeps.com/ho_engine.htm

This is a bummer because I was hopeing to have it all tuned by the weekend.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Yeah, sorry about that. I'd really like to hear when you get this thing dialed in.

Man. I'd seen a few pages on this motor before (one or two are linked in this one you just posted). But this is a new one... and has new links! Cool, thanks!

·
Registered
475 Posts
thats a bummer nick! Hope you didnt waste too much money or is the guy gonna take them back? Thats a great link and some new reading material! I was looking at the website and saw one of the pages and was very happy to see that the 2002 "HO" intake looked alot stronger than the 2004 "HO" intake

Comparison of HO intake's

by the way nick are you running the HO intake?

·
287 cu inches of pain
1,137 Posts
Try some of the Hemi injectors. They are like 26lbs or around that and should work. You might be able to pick them up cheap of of a wrecked one.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BluedevilPB1 said:
thats a bummer nick! Hope you didnt waste too much money or is the guy gonna take them back? Thats a great link and some new reading material! I was looking at the website and saw one of the pages and was very happy to see that the 2002 "HO" intake looked alot stronger than the 2004 "HO" intake

Comparison of HO intake's

by the way nick are you running the HO intake?
The guy is "ONE OF US" so I Know he will make things right... Its just a pain in the rear when I was seconds from buying the 24#ers from:

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com

I had spent nearly 1 hour on the phone with the guy at "five o" and he was a little upset I didnt follow through with him. Ohh well... I think I may be going through him after all... LOL

Im running the 2002 H/O intake withe the grey front cover.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2k2_AtlanticBlu said:
Try some of the Hemi injectors. They are like 26lbs or around that and should work. You might be able to pick them up cheap of of a wrecked one.
I think the HEMI injectors may be a little on the large side... If I was able to program the PCM Im sure I could get them to work but Im limited on programing.

The 24lb injectors should be perfect.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
475 Posts
So when are you going stand alone? I was thinking about going stand alone from the start and doing everything right with a 2 stage nitrous set-up but im scared of the intake manifold being so crappy. KRC says they have a "design" in the works but i dont know if itll be out by time we have flying cars. I was wondering with the stand alone is everything adjustable and will it show gains on a stock truck and be able to go from there?

·
Registered
589 Posts
BluedevilPB1 said:
KRC says they have a "design" in the works but i dont know if itll be out by time we have flying cars. ?
:thatfunny :D

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
okay so what would be the benifit of the 2002 HO intake??? Thanks

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
eatsleepdrivesc said:
okay so what would be the benifit of the 2002 HO intake??? Thanks
the 2002 H/O intake manifold is actually the ONLY real H/O intake... It has the longest runners of the 3 available intakes. The worst intakes are the PREE 2003 intakes...

In 2003 the H/O 4.7L and the standard 4.7L share the same intake manifold. Which is NOT a bad intake. I think the 2003 intake trades a little less HP for a little more torque.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
well for a under 200 what do you think it is worth it? and what would you say
the increase in tq and hp would be?

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah... I know, thats the next step in this experience. I plan to purchase a pump controller that can be adjusted to increase/decrease pressure at pe-determined RPM. So if I need LESS fuel at 4000 RPMs like I do now I can slow the pump down and adjust the A/F ratio that way... I think its looking to be my best bet. BUT the only problem is our regulator is IN the tank/attached to the PUMP. The ONLY way to bypass this regulator is to remove it and add an after market regulator.... so the plot continues to thicken.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
I don't think that the intake manifold and cams are the only power builders in the HO package. Now that I've read that wjjeeps.com page again, I've noticed some other things that may contribute to an increase in HP and torque.

The full floating pistons, higher compression ratio, and tighter head combustion chambers all add that little bit more. I'd like to see a full HO motor with the mods that most of us have done in a Ram. That'd be cool. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.