DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this kit for my 2008 4.7L Ram. Its a great kit for the money and I can deffinately feel better throttle response, and increased torque and passing gear...especially past 3000 rpms. I would recommend it to anyone looking to gain a little performance on an otherwise stock Ram without digging into your pockets too much. It is also pretty similar to the MOPAR kit which retails for over $275! Check out the install below...Thanks!

Economy cold air kit install

Attachments

·
Acts 2:38-39
2,355 Posts
SemiHemi, how big a diameter is the pipe? Looks prettier than my Home Brew. :)

·
2013 Sport
610 Posts
Looks like one of the intakes Air Ram has on his site.

·
Registered
801 Posts
It's similar, but the spectre Nick sells has the mounting bracket on the bottom of the intake now. They changed the location on them to fix the issue with it breaking off.

·
Registered
150 Posts
That looks good!!! Finally a cheap alternative to some of the BS intake prices :) :rck:

·
Registered
74 Posts
This does look like a good deal. How often do you have to clean/change the filter? I'm not to familar with CAI's.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I read through the install. Couple of questions:

Is the 4.7 now the PowerTech V8? I thought it was a Magnum engine. Or did that change?

Does the new 4.7 have a Mass Air Flow Sensor now instead of the AIT?

Does the guy not know Mopar terminology, or am I out of the loop?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
It is a magnum engine

No MAFS its is the AIT

You are still in the loop. :D

Its is a 3" pipe...I have the same intake

·
HOTROD
590 Posts
Nice looking intake

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
He is off on some off the stuff but yeah still a good write up. The instructions that came with it are really good.

·
Registered
988 Posts
i just ordered mine just now, so who actully makes this kit guys?
and now that you have had it for a bit how do u guys like it?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Hey your in Murfreesboro?!? I go to school at MTSU...

Whats the detail on you truck? You can check it out on my truck sometime...Id be willing to meet you so you could look at it. I love it. Its great for the price.

·
Registered
988 Posts
i will def keep you guys posted, i havnt got this get but as soon as its on the truck and in, i will def let you know, so far they have been really great to work woth and excellent and secure customer service

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey cows, looks like our trucks are twins. I've got the silver quad cab too. I'm actually new in town. Do you know any shops around here that can do a quality job on a ring and pinion swap? I'm trying to get rid of my 3.21 rear end.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.