DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
SRTs wanna b like me
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this is goin to open a big can of worms, but i just need an idea. what cam should i choose for my 4.7L. i dont tow, i dont bracket race, but i do want to notice the gain without having to do anything but the cams. plz let me know ur opinions.

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
I would throw in a set of H/O's.

·
Registered
448 Posts
again i think with no major mods you will do best with the 206's. I have stated this a couple times now. I have the H/O's and am not impressed with them. I have only heard good reviews and how much a difference that the 206's made for those that have tried them (without major mods or custom tuning--Jack Arse & Bigbad( both ran "can tunes", one superchips and one SCT) and showed great results). I just am not impressed with my H/o's. I am not going to replace them(h/0's) until i have done everything else to see if i can them to run, SCT, Headers, Stall, ect..if they don't perform as i expect them to then you can bet I will have a set of 206's.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I love my HOs! I haven't had a problem or disappointment with them since I put them in. Does anyone really have recent track times to show their HOs didn't make a difference? I know my truck has run a lot stronger since I put them in, but maybe I'm just wishing myself into believing... :dunno:

·
SRTs wanna b like me
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx guys. im debating between the 206s and the HOs cuz the HOs are in my price range but iv seen the 206s in action and i like those.

·
Registered
439 Posts
212x are out of the question for a drop in cam. I my self would like to go with the HO or the 206 not sure yet. I like the HO and they work well with my superchips tunner according to Air Ram. it is a lot cheaper in price by 450 bones thats frees up money for e-fan and almost a throttle body.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
im gonna say 206

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
For drop in Cam with ZERO supporting mods needed... H/O cams are the ONLY cams that you can just DROP IN with out the need for band aids.

206's are by no means a drop in cam... they would be great for Dakotas with Stall converters, 4.56 gears, 70mm+ throttle body, headers, high flow exhaust, Electric fan, 2003+ intake manifold and SCT tune. <--- With those mods... I would think the 206 cams could be a decent cam for a light weight truck. Sure it will run without the band aids but dont feel it will be any quicker then the H/O's without the supporting mods above.

206 cams have been out for a VERY LONG TIME... yet you never hear anyone jump on line and brag about them... there is a reason for that! If they where as great as some people suggest... then it would be out... and there would be more then 2-3 people suggesting them.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Banned
897 Posts
i heard they're some mystery cams here

he never told us the specs on them, but he said jesus personally handed them down to him

·
SRTs wanna b like me
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For drop in Cam with ZERO supporting mods needed... H/O cams are the ONLY cams that you can just DROP IN with out the need for band aids.

206's are by no means a drop in cam... they would be great for Dakotas with Stall converters, 4.56 gears, 70mm+ throttle body, headers, high flow exhaust, Electric fan, 2003+ intake manifold and SCT tune. <--- With those mods... I would think the 206 cams could be a decent cam for a light weight truck. Sure it will run without the band aids but dont feel it will be any quicker then the H/O's without the supporting mods above.

206 cams have been out for a VERY LONG TIME... yet you never hear anyone jump on line and brag about them... there is a reason for that! If they where as great as some people suggest... then it would be out... and there would be more then 2-3 people suggesting them.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
when do u think the HOs will be off backorder?

·
K-State fan
619 Posts
I'm finally finished with my head gasket repair and am now closing up my engine. I hope to have this finished AND have my HO cams installed tonight. (One cam is already in.) I would have had them finished sooner (doing a little each night since Saturday) but with night class and a 4 week old little girl, it's hard to get much done!

I'll let you know how I feel about them!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
When did they go on back order?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
what did they make for us

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
wow....i didnt now that. does anyone else make any? I bet prices are gonna soar!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.