DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
BigSLIMM
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to do a Fastman throttle body. Since I am there, I am really interested in modding the top end: cams, heads, manifold. I am looking for overall street performance - no racing (yet). Want to maintain a good mid-range torque profile.

Any comments, suggestions for the 4.7?

·
287 cu inches of pain
1,137 Posts
206 cams, ported heads and the 2002 H.O. intake manifold. That is all you will need.

Andrew

·
BigSLIMM
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2K2, tell me some more.
Why the 2002 HO maniford, since I am 2001? The 206 cams - they HO Mopar too? On the head porting - general or a specific vendor/service? I see in your sig you have the HO cams and intake; you have any head work done?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Did you ask Fastman about his options?? He's the man when it comes to modding the Magnum motors.

·
Registered
518 Posts
The reason for the 2002 is that the 4.7 HO didn't come out until 2002. And if I remember correctly in 2003 and later the IM is the same for the 4.7 and 4.7 HO

·
BigSLIMM
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Andrew - Thanks for the PM feedback.
(BTW, I was trying to check out your members.cardomain.com/alpine_56 . Seems to be down.)

DurangoD - Yes. I do have a note in to Fastman as of this weekend. Guess he will respond shortly.

Saint - OIC. Cool.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey Joe,
Longtime no hear. I have some of the bolt on mods many are using such as Fastman TB, Mopar HO cams & Manifold. I have your phone # and was thinking of calling you this week. How about we finally try and get together sometime and talk about our D and such.
Joe

·
Registered
150 Posts
Fastman suggested the new intake Manifold when I put in my H/O cams, so I have an 04 IM and it's cheaper too...

·
BigSLIMM
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yo Joe
Yeah Mon, been wanting to talk to you about your stuff too. However I will be in Denver next week starting Saturday. So I will contact you when I get back.

BTW, see your posting on your Superchips. Hmmm... does not sound good; since I was thinking about doing that. Have you posted in the Ram forums also for some feedback? Some guys there are running 4.7 Rams with the Superchips.

Later,
SCOOP

·
BigSLIMM
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DD - Fastman got back and recommends the 206 cams.
He can provide separate ported heads, but will be pricey. Still talking about that option.

·
BigSLIMM
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rango - Fastman has not suggested anything yet on the intake. What do you mean cheaper?

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
Saint, my bro-in-law has a 2001 Jeep overland w/the 4.7HO

·
Registered
518 Posts
Alright, then I was off by a year, but either way after 2002 the IM on the HO is the same as on the regular 4.7L providing no Power games

·
BigSLIMM
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cam self install

I have Fastman 206 cams on order, along with an intake manifold and throttle body. I am going to attempt to self-install the cams. I understand that it is not too difficult. I will have the cam wedge tool.
Anyone here do a cam self-install on a 4.7? Suggestions / comments.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
joe washington said:
I have Fastman 206 cams on order, along with an intake manifold and throttle body. I am going to attempt to self-install the cams. I understand that it is not too difficult. I will have the cam wedge tool.
Anyone here do a cam self-install on a 4.7? Suggestions / comments.
The hardest part is getting the valve covers off!!!!
Once you have that done its easy from there.

·
BigSLIMM
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, that seems good enough. I should be able to handle valve covers. I guess you are referring to removing all of the wiring/plumbing above the covers?

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
since i'm selling my durango. i'll sell you one of my 2003 intake which is the same as the H.O's as previously mentioned. i have a spare 03 along with a TB and all the sensors if interested.

·
Registered
518 Posts
cbrenn, the IM is the same, but the HO was downgraded to the regular manifold, not the other way around

·
BigSLIMM
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cbrenn - Shucks... Thanks for the offer, but already ordered from Fastman; in the mail.

You selling!? What up with that? What's next? :eek: :SHK:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.