DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to this forum. I have a 2002 1500 4x4 with a 4.7 engine. I was going to change the sparkplugs in it the other day. I have a problem. I was not sure how to do it on this engine. Where are they hid and how is the best way to change them. Is it a pretty big job? Thank you for your advice in advance.

Steve1613

·
Registered
766 Posts
You'll find the plugs under the coil packs. Just unbolt those and the plugs are down under neath them. It isn't too hard, but it should take about an hour or so while you take your time.

·
Registered
883 Posts
make sure to do it while the engine is cold. you can screw up the threads on the aluminum heads if you do it while they are warm

·
Retired Guy
1,239 Posts
Use a 10mm to unbolt the coil packs, then use a compressed air nozzle to blow out the dirt from the hole before you remove th eplug itself, otherwise any dirt will fall into the cylinder head.
HTH

·
Registered
11 Posts
4.7 plugs

the best detailed instruction on changing plugs for the 4.7 can be found at
http://www.wjjeeps.co/service/sparkplugs.htm
I would suggest doing the front ones first , one at a time to get the hang of it before you get to cylinder no. 8 which is very hard to reach.
I use a 6 inch and 3 inch extension combination for this one. try to stay straight and thread and un thread with out the ratchet once they break loose. do not forget the ant-sieze as it will take going in and pulling out next time much easier.

Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.