DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rebuilt my brothers 4.7. It seems to idle fine then stalls after a while. If you drive it it bogs at an idle or stall. Cruising it seems fine. it does ping on excelleration. I have 7 coil errors. what is causing this??? I am at my witts end.

· Registered
9,836 Posts
shipmanlights said:
I rebuilt my brothers 4.7. It seems to idle fine then stalls after a while. If you drive it it bogs at an idle or stall. Cruising it seems fine. it does ping on excelleration. I have 7 coil errors. what is causing this??? I am at my witts end.
It sounds like you have some wires crossed or a few Broken wires... is that even possible? Im not sure. You may want to take it in to the dealership and have them hood up the scan tool.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

· Registered
2 Posts
We need a fix for this problem. Let me tell you my story. We have the exact problem on a 2002 4.7 truck. The problem started out as a headgasket leak on #2. The heads were pulled, slightly milled and put back together and we have this problem with it setting all the coil codes. The valve covers were pulled and the cam timing checked a second time. We sent the truck to the dealer thinking it could be a pcm problem of some sort. The dealer replaced the pcm, and all the coils and the problem is still there. The dealer gave up on fixing the problem and sent it back to us and we are lost on what to do. I sent the first poster a pm to see if he ever found a fix.

· Registered
827 Posts
everytime i've seen these codes it's turn out to be engine timing issues............primary chains...secoandary chains.........tensioners etc.........have you got a scan tool(or access to one)............see if the short and long term fuel trims are equal bank to bank..............if you have one secondary chain of a tooth or two the pcm may have to adjust for good emissions on that side...........more than likely it'll be taking fuel away from the side that's off.............another thing to try....unplug the cam sensor..........if it runs better, more than likely chains are out

· Registered
827 Posts
don't know why they set those codes but they do..........ussually engine timing...good for you for fixin it.........btw , who found it,you? the dealer??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.