1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
looks like fun ... :)

·
99 R/T,43K miles
613 Posts
impressive,it rolls out of the hole quick for a quad-cab on 20's...mod list??

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I wasn't more forth coming with the specifications.

Vara-Ram Intake
Ported Heads
Cut apart a stock intake and reworked it to make the runners shorter, then epoxied it back togather
24# HO 4.7 injectors rather than the stock 19.5#s
Custom grind cams (not telling my secrets on duration, lift, lsa, lets just say they started life as 4.7 HO cams and are unlike any of the KRC ones), they are responsible for the take-off snap and torque
JBA Shorty headers
True Duals with X pipe
2,800 rpm stall
3.92 gears and P275/50/R20s
Badly needs a tune, I wish we were able to do these like I am with GMs, DIY is the ONLY way to fly.

·
You Gotta PAY To PLAY
1,995 Posts
Man thats quick!! Whats your exhaust set up lookin like? I am gettin ready to do mine and am thinkin maybe true duals.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
VERY VERY NICE... I knew you where up to something... very impressive work... man when you get that thing tune it will be a monster! I cant wait to see the track times, knowing you and your need for speed that will not be to long.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
TWEAKED 4.7
4,390 Posts
VERY nice acceleration! i like the stall...mines comin! us TX 4.7's are going to have to have a throwdown at HRP sometime...i should have my stall in about a month. i opted to order my caltracs first...no sense in stalling to 2800 with no traction

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
VERY VERY NICE... I knew you where up to something... very impressive work... man when you get that thing tune it will be a monster! I cant wait to see the track times, knowing you and your need for speed that will not be to long.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

I am working on a little something different though. Basically I have an 08 4.7 torn completely apart and I am slowly checking things for compatibility. I want to port a set of 08 heads and put them on the truck. I think it can be done with the 06 block, but I am not certain yet. I am saving up some extra money for your TB adapter plates for the 08 intake.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Damn I wish I could see this at work. Everyone seems to be impressed so I'll have to check it out when I get home. Way to go keepin the 4.7 on the map dude.

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts
I got about a little more than 7 on the 0-60 as well... that thing is SICK, very nice work bro!

-David

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Why wont you give the specs out on the cams? You gonna sell the specs or something?

·
99 R/T,43K miles
613 Posts
Why wont you give the specs out on the cams? You gonna sell the specs or something?
i am also curious....also,i read that you are saving up for the TB adaptors to mate to the 08 intake manifold,so you have obviously gave the 08 manifold a trial fit to your 06 4.7,correct or not??

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Really just don't want to mention the camshaft specifications because of the heat I will take when I do post them about how they will never work for low-end torque on a 4.7. With all the stuff floating around out there.

Duration @ .006

Intake-----246*
Exhaust---246*

Duration @ .050

Intake----212*
Exhaust--212*

Lift

Intake----0.485
Exhaust--0.485

Its on HO cores so thats 111* LSA.

In actuality this camshaft profile makes more torque than the 206s everyone knows and makes the same HP as your 212s, not to mention runs great on the stock PCM tuning.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i am also curious....also,i read that you are saving up for the TB adaptors to mate to the 08 intake manifold,so you have obviously gave the 08 manifold a trial fit to your 06 4.7,correct or not??
I have not test fit it yet, but I have a whole 08 engine. I am undecided at this exact point, but the plans may even involve swapping in the complete 08 engine after some mods, that is if I cannot simply use the 08 heads on the 06 block. Still need to do some tear down work on the 06 block I have to test fit.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.