DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing some searching through the forums and never found a straightforward answer. I have a '96 1500 sport 4x4 and am going to do 4.56's. Got a few specific questions i need answered.
1. I was told i need a different carrier for these gears in the front. Where might i find one? Is it a stock one out of a different vehicle? Links would help

2. Where can i get a speedo recalibration gear for this gearset? Links?

3. I saw a ton of different RPM's claimed at 65mph on the highway. According to these calculators with my 33's and a .69 overdrive, i should be at about 2100, over the 1600 i'm at with the 3.55s. Any more light on this?

Thanks a ton to any help! i'm about to pull the trigger on these gears but need these questions answered first. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
2,217 Posts

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
so this is what i'm looking at?
http://www.ringpinion.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProdID=5858
As for the gear, i don't know how many revolutions per mile the stock speedo does to calculate what gear i'd need for a 4.56 and 33 inch tire.

Thanks for all of your help so far dodgepickup, it's greatly appreciated :dtrocks:

EDIT, i did just punch in my info into the calcuator with what they already had in place, and got that i needed a 42 tooth. Well all they have is a 41 and 43....looks like i'll go with the 43 i guess.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just picked up the gears and axle kits from summit a little bit ago. I just checked and they have the carriers, so i'll probably run back over there tomorrow and pick that up. That just leaves me with the speedo gear issue...

I realized on the site it said the speedos have a 13t drive gear, so i entered the correct information this time, and it told me i needed a 36t speedo gear. The bad thing is this site only has 28-30, and 40, 41, and 43t gears. Are there any other places i could get the exact gear at?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Just picked up the gears and axle kits from summit a little bit ago. I just checked and they have the carriers, so i'll probably run back over there tomorrow and pick that up. That just leaves me with the speedo gear issue...

I realized on the site it said the speedos have a 13t drive gear, so i entered the correct information this time, and it told me i needed a 36t speedo gear. The bad thing is this site only has 28-30, and 40, 41, and 43t gears. Are there any other places i could get the exact gear at?
you gonna do the install yourself?

chrysler part # is 520676xx . the xx's will the tooth count . so you would be 52067636 .

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, i work at a performance shop. Thanks again man.

EDIT: Just found them on Quadratec. Awesome!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If i remember to take my camera up to the shop then i'll get them for you no problem. I'm assuming you really wont need the regular teardown, IE: everything up to pulling the axles out and such?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
just some shots of the truck in the shop with maye couple bikini models will do just fine thx million :crazy:

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Supply the models and you got a deal ;)

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
i put a 37 tooth gear in mine i did a search on speedo gears and found a shop in cali for mine the dealership only went down to a 4.10 gear set

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dang, too late. I already picked one up. Thanks anyway!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.