Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm in the process of picking up parts to lift my truck this spring. I just picked up some 285/75/16's yesterday, will be getting some new wheels,and have a 3" body lift sitting at home. My truck has 3.55's and an open rear. Its mainly used for a commute to work at about 45-55mph with no stops. I live in a very hilly area and with the 265/75/16's (originally had 245/70/16's) it barely stays in overdrive and is constantly downshifting with even the slightest incline. I really don't want the truck to turn into a dog and be shifting too much when I put the 33" tire's on so I'm wondering which gears would be the best- 4.10's or 4.56's. I want to keep the truck revving as close to stock as possible when it had the 245's. I don't care about racing, I just want my truck to act as it did with the original tires so I can haul, tow, and get decent mileage again.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^Just the guy I wanted to hear from- Any idea what I'd be turning on the highway at 70mph?

·
Banned
136 Posts
I would definitely go w/ the 4.56's if you're looking for a little performance upgrade, otherwise go with the factory 3.92's to keep the RPM down a tad.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you sir!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.