DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question regarding the 3rd row seats on the durango. How come I see some with 2 seats and some with 3 (not seats but places) in the 3rd rows. Anyone can clarify this for me?

·
just me
533 Posts
it is a choice to get your durango with 7 or 8 passenger seating. 8 seater gives you 3 belts for the third row, also give wider seat for them too.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright, but there is also a choice to have only 2 seats in the second row so I'm assuming if you chose this you get the 3seat 3rd row? That would mean there is 3 choices of seat arrangements to have, right?
1) 2 2nd row, 3 3rd row
2) 3 2nd row, 2 3rd row
3) 3 2nd row, 3 3rd row

·
Registered
455 Posts
This was a change that Dodge made to compete with other SUVS that offered 8 passenger seating. On 2004-2005 2nd gen durangos the third row seat had 2 positions. Seat choices being a solid fold down bench or 50/50 split. In 2006 they added a third position with the addition of another seat belt. The physical size of the seat did not change. Seat choces being a solid fold down bench or 60/40 split. In 2007 Dodge added yet another seating config. You can now get 2nd row buckets with center console as an option. Additionally they can be heated as an option. Durango's (2007) optioned with the 2nd row buckets have a total seting capacity of 7 when you factor in the 3rd row.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wonder what it would take to retro fit an 04 with that 2nd row bucket/console arrangement. Would be nice to separate the kids, err, I mean for them to have their own console. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.