DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1081 - 1095 of 1095 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
so the truck and trans has 306, but how much on the new engine? 05 Ram 1500 QC 5.7 (stroked 6.4 as of 7/14)
My '04 RAM 2500 has just a couple miles under 310,000 on the original engine and trans. No problems to speak of beyond normal wear and tear. I have replaced all the accessories (A/C compressor, alternator, P/S pump, idlers, belt tensioner, water pump, etc.) as well as the steering gear and all the front end parts. My truck uses less oil than my wife's '08 1500 and hers has 209,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Just over 96k miles on my 08.
Been through a lot.
Still more to come.
Fear my new duties for it may be to much and I'll end up diesel and making this a wheeling rig.
Builds for me are so super slow though, to many other things going on.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hello Everyone, This is not my last post on Dodge talk but my last in the 3rd Gen catagory.I want to thank everyone over the years helping me upgrade my 06 2500. I have recently purchased a 2017 Powerwagon and will be talking in that catagory to find the ins and outs of the Powerwagon. Thanks again.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have over 310000 Kms on my 04 ram 1500 QC 4x4 5.7 hemi ,I loved it till about 3-4 months ago and shit started goin I'm seriously thinking about retiring it but what's one more intake vale right ? Lmao 4-5 hrs wrenching and a couple more bucks she'll be good as new lol , maybe .... When this truck was running good she had more power than it should ever needed or a light truck and fast as hell .

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,089
Hello Everyone, This is not my last post on Dodge talk but my last in the 3rd Gen catagory.I want to thank everyone over the years helping me upgrade my 06 2500. I have recently purchased a 2017 Powerwagon and will be talking in that catagory to find the ins and outs of the Powerwagon. Thanks again.
Good looking truck! :cool:

I just came back to visit DT and saw that this is the last thread I started still open and getting responses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
$1500 ram

bought at 215k with bad trans, rebuilt trans $1800. runs great. REPAIRED: radiator, water pump (one bolt broke, removed timing chain cover. heated surrounding block and broken bolt with butane torch and it came out easily very lucky replaced timing chain and gears while I had access) , broken c-clips in rear axle (removed bits and pieces from the magnet and kept driving), broken wires to all four doors, muffler, No AC not repaired leaks and bad compressor clutch. removed compressor and installed aftermarket pulley on bracket. Wife hates it, Me and the dog love it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2004 QuadCab 4x4 5.7... Just hit 87K miles about a week ago... I bought it brand new, so 14 years and only 87K miles means I don't drive it that much. I'm not sure, but I think it even still has the original brake pads on it. Which is kind of strange since I seem to remember having Jeeps that would need pads and rotors after a LOT less miles.

My only complaint is the damn soy-based insulation that they put on the electrical wires. It attracts squirrels and other rodents. Whoever decided to use a food source as a wiring insulation should be drawn and quartered.

Also, it doesn't like gasoline that has been *contaminated* with ethanol. I get 15 mpg with REAL gas, but only 10-12 with the stuff they sell these days that has up to 10% ethanol added to it. :(

·
Registered
386 Posts
My '04 RAM 2500 has just a couple miles under 310,000 on the original engine and trans. No problems to speak of beyond normal wear and tear. I have replaced all the accessories (A/C compressor, alternator, P/S pump, idlers, belt tensioner, water pump, etc.) as well as the steering gear and all the front end parts. My truck uses less oil than my wife's '08 1500 and hers has 209,000 miles.
My daily driver turned 324,000 miles over the weekend. We took her to Florida last June and have also had her on weekend trips to the Ark Encounter in Kentucky and family trips to Ohio in the past year. My truck goes anywhere we want it to go whenever we want it to go there. But until I have money for an engine rebuild, I probably won't tow anything big with her. It needs a rear main seal and a few other things that just don't make sense to do without doing a full rebuild. Here she was proudly poised on Daytona Beach where we made a pit-stop on the way home from Ft. Lauderdale!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own 2 RAMS
2003 RAM 1500 RCSB 5.7 HEMI Engine Blown at 248,000 miles ( I am building a stroker motor for it )
and
2003 RAM 3500 QCLB 2WD 5.9 Cummins , presently has 163,000 miles on it , does not use any oil and at 4,000 mile oil change the oil is still almost clear.
presently doing my first real repair , Front wheel bearing failure .

Thank You EVERYONE ,

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got an 07 Mega Cab with the 5.7 ,just rolled over 315,000 km or 197,000 miles , still rolling strong ,still basically stock ,only have a Bully Dog running "Regular " tune . 285/70/17 BFG

·
Registered
3 Posts
My '03 2500 Hemi has 143K on her, the last 30K pulling a 5th wheel RV. Replaced the steering stabilizer after a case of the Death Wobbles and haven't had THAT very scary experience since. Front end does need some work but I've put all but 13 miles on her and she's never let me down.

1081 - 1095 of 1095 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.