DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 1095 Posts

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
I have a bad lash-adjuster on number two but a-side from that she's working great with 79K on her.

:rck:

·
Registered
95 Posts
2002 Ram 1500 miles

2002 Ram 1500 5.9 gas. 220,000 miles. Stills runs and drives like it did at 5000miles. I did get the rust through on the box---fixed with POR 15 and flares.

Rebuilt tranny
New drivers CV axle with new stubshaft
U-Joints

Trying to upload a pic to my avatar.

Looks pretty good from 10 feet.

·
Always broke
92 Posts
Update for me.
2004 Hemi Ram 1500, Quad cab, 4x4.
Got my first check engine light P0404, nothing major, 105,500 miles.

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
OK guys and gals, let's face it... some of our 3rd Gens are getting long in the tooth.......

This thread is for DT members with aging 3rd Gen Rams to post their current mileage and general state of their trucks' condition.......

My pampered '07 does not qualify...... LOL

I want to hear about some hard working 200k+ 3rd gen Rams that are still going strong!

:rck:
Don't feel bad Dave, my 04 2500 Hemi with 49,100ish miles doesn't count either.

·
GETER DONE
107 Posts
Got 128,000 miles on mine runs good

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Don't feel bad Dave, my 04 2500 Hemi with 49,100ish miles doesn't count either.
at least you are more qualified than my 08 cummins with 21,000 :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
260,000 miles, 7000 hours. Best truck i've ever owned. I have broken a few things on her, rear end, front cv's but replaced the rear with a new off the shelf SRT10 rear and the front cv's I blew out dragging a 40 yard dumpster(full) across the jobsite. Had some down time and figured it was time for an engine at 250k with winter and a big job coming up pretty far away.Plus having a HO engine sitting on the stand for a year was finally too much :) Orginal clutch still had some of the factory groove and bearings in the lower end looked great. Still running org powersteering, AC pump, Alt and starter. Bed starting to rust at the top of fenderwell, but that was something I drove through when the hwy dept was cleaning a bridge deck, it ate the connectors off my trailer and ate the heads off the stainless screws on my Fire and Ice bar. I pull a 12000 dump trailer or a 7x14 enclosed trailer daily with it. Hopefully will have this truck for years to come.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts

·
Cowboymc97
4 Posts
My 03 is about to roll over 90k. Its taken a trans rebuild and three powersteering pumps to get her there, but still rolling.

Newbie here, just wanted to say great forum. Very helpful posts. Props to all involved! Look forward to participating.

·
2013 Sport
610 Posts
144,000, and still runs strong. Think I might have a head gasket starting to leak by though. Blows a hell of a cloud of vapor through the pipes after start-up til it warms up, and its 'using' coolant every so often....??? I'll run it til the wheels go square. Tough truck for a 1/2 ton, though. Original battery still, too!

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
144,000, and still runs strong. Think I might have a head gasket starting to leak by though. Blows a hell of a cloud of vapor through the pipes after start-up til it warms up, and its 'using' coolant every so often....??? I'll run it til the wheels go square. Tough truck for a 1/2 ton, though. Original battery still, too!
I don't know how you've made it to 144k on the original battery, my last Mopar battery was done at 20k! :crazy:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a 03 with a cummins in the shop a while ago with999***km yea for real.
the body is still in good shape and it actualy runs real good.
He runs RV Trailers from US up to Canada.

·
Registered
426 Posts
my 2005 has 170,000

·
Registered
511 Posts
46 k and some change shes a young'in still. Runs real strong but had some front end issues though. Replaced the front hub and outer tie rod on the diver side, other than that nothing repaired, some things replaced but that was by choice.

·
ol faithful
826 Posts
41 - 60 of 1095 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.