DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I was installing my AFE Stage II yesterday and I noticed a lil antifreeze leak coming from the tube that comes outa the top of the radiator that feeds into the reserve tank and then I realized that there was no clamp on it and that it wasnt really on there very good and it looked like it had partially come off and if that were to come off it woulda blown antifreeze all into my intake and we know what kinda bad news that woulda been... so I talked to a buddy who is a mech for a dodge dealer and he said he's heard of that many times that some trucks got clamps put on them from the factory others didnt and he has actaully heard of cases where the tube came off blew anti into the intake motor sucked it up and well we all know the end of that story.

·
Registered
929 Posts
hose clamps

thanks for the heads up, will check mine next time before i go out and the rain stops.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Thanks for the heads up ... :)

... I read where members have had problems with the clamps on the PS system as well.

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
Good advice. :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
No clamps mine. An ounce of prevention, well you know. Thanks!

·
Fathead
1,046 Posts
I have been smelling coolant for a little while now near the front of my truck after it gets warm and when the shop pressure tested it they couldn't find a leak. I assume the pressure test is done on a cold engine? The reservoir isn't open to the system until the system gets to what the radiator cap is rated at, right?

The reason I ask is I'm pretty sure I don't have a clamp there and I think that may be a prime suspect for where the smell is coming from.... Thoughts?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Are we talking about the hose where it comes from the radiator cap or where it connects to the reservoir? I know mine has a clamp where it connects to the reservoir but no clamp on the connection to the cap. I've never seen it leak from there but I did notice the seam in the reservoir was starting to leak and had to put some jb weld on it. Thanks for the heads up, where did you get a little clamp for it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.