DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
asking for a friend, do they fit? how do they compare height wise, i know theyre a little stiffer

·
Registered
551 Posts
Im gonna take a guess at what your asking here since its not to clear. Im going to assume your wondering if 3rd gen coils off a 2500 or 3500 will fit a 2nd gen truck. They will fit but it all depends what your trying to accomplish. A friend put a set out of a newer 2500 onto his 98 1500 and it lifted the front end about 4 inches. Wasnt great though cause he was using the stock arms. Also made it a really stiff ride.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a friend of mine wants to put a set of skyjacker leveling coils from a 03 2500 hemi on his 98 1500

·
Registered
551 Posts
You probably could put them into the 1500 but its going to lift the 1500 more then just a leveling kit. Just a guess but probably somewhere around 3-4in. if not more.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The 3rd gen trucks use SOFTER spring rates than 2nd gen trucks. Not stiffer. They are also taller, netting a 2-3" lift when installed on a 2nd gen ram. This info was given to me by Mr. Thuren himself.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Im gonna take a guess at what your asking here since its not to clear. Im going to assume your wondering if 3rd gen coils off a 2500 or 3500 will fit a 2nd gen truck. They will fit but it all depends what your trying to accomplish. A friend put a set out of a newer 2500 onto his 98 1500 and it lifted the front end about 4 inches. Wasnt great though cause he was using the stock arms. Also made it a really stiff ride.
Obviously it would ride stiffer, he went to a 3/4 ton spring, and with 4" of lift the stock arms were most likely topping out, and hitting the brackets on the axle housing.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Obviously it would ride stiffer, he went to a 3/4 ton spring, and with 4" of lift the stock arms were most likely topping out, and hitting the brackets on the axle housing.

Obviously yes lol. Also didnt help that he left the stock shocks on there. Its not a bad way to do it if you do it proper but probably just better to buy an actual lift kit made for your truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.