DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had struts replaced on van, in the process, mechanic could not get car alarm (aftermarket I think) to stop. Not sure what all he did to try, ended up pulling out the fuse (Keyless remote stopped working about 2 weeks ago - new battery did not work - only have the one).

Very next day I had the check engine light come on and somewhat hard shifting. Checked fluid, added a little (does need changing I believe).

I commute 150+ miles a day at 2:30 AM - do not want to break down then so I came back home to try and find the fix. at 60mph had 4500 RPMs - afraid I was going to damage it further. It has 255,*** miles on it, 30,000 I've put on since February 2016.

I like this van, but not enough to keep throwing a lot of money into it with that kind of miles on it.

PLEASE HELP - headed to mechanic right now.

Oh, yes, was charged $400 to replace both struts..:surprise . HAD THE PARTS ALREADY.. Does that seem high to anyone else. (included alignment supposedly).

·
Registered
146 Posts
If its staying in 2nd, that's referred to as "Limp Mode", i.e., its limping along. Usually a sign of transmission problems that could be major or minor. My wife's 2000 GC had it several years ago, AAMCO wanted $350 just to crack the trans open and check it. They said if I had it repaired they'd (Graciously)waive the $350 charge. A small tranny shop a couple of towns over charged $75 to change a sensor. Been running fine since. Unfortunately that shop closed when the owner passed. Boy I miss him. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts