DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would throw this out here. I recently picked up a new truck and has this stuff applied to the rocker panels and it is awesome (I am planning on having the bumper, grille, hood, fenders and mirrors done as well. I couldn't find a whole lot of feedback so I thought I would let anyone who was interested know my experience with it.

Anywhere local to me it is an arm and a leg to get it done though. I was able to find a certified installer who does this part time and was less than half the price of other places. If you are interested, let me know and I'll shot you his contact info.

FYI - He is near Lansing, Michigan. But the $450 I saved by going to him was more than worth it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ive had clear bra on my last 4 new cars, Ill never own a new car without it on there again. I went one step further though, I put it on the inside rocker panels too. where your feet drag getting into the car.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I went one step further though, I put it on the inside rocker panels too. where your feet drag getting into the car.

I just did this last week. I noticed the sill's of my doors where the paint is were getting scuffed up .. i bought some 3m paint film off ebay .. 8"x7' ? somethin like that for like 35 bucks .. its not cheap .. but i did do it myself .. first one took a while .. learning curve .. last 3 went in fine .. key is to keep everything moist and wet .. and use the plastic squeegy thing vigirously ..
I love it .. My front bumper is the sport paint . and is black .. already have a couple chips .. want to do this next for my bumper ..
Most important thing .. INSTALL IN WARM WEATHER OR have a nice warm hairdryer handy OR BOTH.. you have to soften the film with heat so it really molds to the rockers well ..

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
I've looked into it. but it isn't very cheap. I'd like to do the rocker panels... but at a minimum I want to do the inner kick panels.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I'm doing my 02 with it after the paintwork gets done to the existing chips

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.