DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas I was just browsing around on Ebay like I always do. Found this step side fiberglass bed for our 3G Rams. Not exactly my cup of tea, but in case anyone wants to stand out or look different, here ya go.

Link : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7974161816&category=33655

Ebay Item number: 7974161816

From Ad :

Want a Custom Look for your Dodge Ram Truck?
This stepside style truck bed fits Dodge Ram short bed trucks from 2002-2005. It features:
Easy bolt on installation like factory bed
Uses existing taillights
Uses existing gas cap cover
No rear bumper removal to install
Quality fiberglass construction
New tailgate
All hardware included
The auction is for the bed only. I am including pictures of a similar bed on a Dodge truck for display only.
Happy Bidding!

Only at $100 reserve not met right now.

Here are the pics.

KB

Attachments

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rest of the pics, including a truck with the bed installed and painted.

KB

Attachments

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Bed looks great, but not on that truck. The step boards just don't look right...either they need to come off, or more ground effects need to be added to the bed or something.
Greg

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
I really don't like the look of it...The running boards make it look like it doesn't belong..And the rear tires look like they don't sit at all inside the rear fenders....It looks kinda like a Ford stepside with a Chevy tailgate...

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Looks like they copied Ford's Stepside in almost every way....... and the result is, it's UGLY!

I think Dodge needs to do their own factory stepside.....

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
:YUK: I haven't liked a stepside truck since the mid 90's Chevys and I didn't even like those for very long. :YUK:

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
:YUK:

·
Registered
378 Posts
I agree it looks like a fords bed. But I do like step sides.

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
i loved the dodge stepside at the sema show a few years back

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
I like step beds, and used to want one before I got this truck. I think that our trucks look good enough with that small lip above the tire anyway.

BTW - I totally agree with FreeLantz - that dodge should make there own style. Didn't someone post a pic before of a Dodge with one from an auto show.....

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
xxumattuxx said:
i loved the dodge stepside at the sema show a few years back
Ahhhhh, you replyed while I was typing. That's the one I was talking about........ Anyone got those pics????????

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
KIP311 said:
BTW - I totally agree with FreeLantz - that dodge should make there own style. Didn't someone post a pic before of a Dodge with one from an auto show.....
Yeah, it was graphite, lowered, and I think it was at one of the SEMA shows, either '02 or '03 maybe..... I don't have the pic anymore but maybe someone does!

·
Hotty Toddy Gosh Almighty
5,101 Posts
Well I think that one has some potential. If someone can do a little photoshop work the following needs to modified:

1. Rear leveled
2. Color match the black steps to the silver body
3. Install some fender well liners
4. Possibly remove the running boards to see if it integrates better

Definately has some potential. But that particular pic looks a bit funky.

·
Layin' Low
2,032 Posts
I agree, step side is great, but if someone is gonig to make an aftermarket bed, at least make it different from an F150's bed. I liked the look of the Lil' Red Express step side from the SEMA show.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I think the bed might look decent if it was on a single cab that was dropped with some large wheels. Looks pretty odd on that truck though!

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
Take the steps off and it would look pretty good!! I used to have a 95 Chevy Z71 stepside. It used to be my favorite truck I ever owned (until I got my Ram)

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
here it is, and yeah, this one looks pretty cool. but I don't like that one up top

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think it would look fine on a short bed reg cab, and lose those damned flares and running boards! ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.