DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 68 block that has never been rebuilt. Came out of my dads 68 fury. I would like to build a 390 stroker. So far I know that the block needs to be bored .030 and I will need a 4' crank. On crane motors web site it says that the compression ration on a zero deck is 10.79 or 12. I would like something in the 10 to 1 ration, but would comprimise. What type of head would you guys use? I have a set of 302 casting 318 heads, and am thinkg about using 360 valves?? Or would you guys use the magnum 318 heads? I know if I go that rout I am limited to the manifolds I can use. Also what type of cam would be a good combo? I have also thought about a 358, a little less radical, but lower compression ratio. This engine will be for a street strip combo. Any info would be greatly appreciative. :cool:

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
or even better, get a 340 block and build a 416 stroker! lol

On my 416, I'm gonna put port and polished stock J heads with the 2.02 intake valves... I eventually want to upgrade to a set of Edelbrock Performer Heads for their standard intake and exhaust setup... Other options would be a set of Mopar W2 econos... but then you will need a special intake, and possibly custom fabricated headers. plus you cant buy them new anymore. (the reasons why im not heading that route)

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-pitchercastingheadarticle.html

Theres a good website about small block heads...

depending on your funds... you could use a set of J/X heads, 302s, or newer swirl ports... or a set of fully port and polished edelbrocks from hughes will set you back about 2400... But your heads and cam is where you are gonna make your power.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Okay, I understand. Just make sure you have the block sonic checked before you start the rebuild. No sense putting that time, money and effort into a bad block.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.