DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to buy a set of 37s to put on my stock wheels, I don't want my nice new chromes to touch the salt this winter. Right now I have 36's, seems like there is a bit more room for a 37. I assume with a stock wheel, it may rub on the control arms or maybe inner fender.

BTW, I'm looking at the BFG ATs in 37x12.5/17 unless someone can recommend a better winter tire.

Also, has anyone ever used wheel spacers. I don't need much, but like .25 or .5 inch spacer might make the stance much better with that stock wheel offset. Any particular brand I should look for?

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
Personally I wouldnt use spacers .... I know there are few members aroubd here that are using spacers .. I think "Lucky" is or was.
Chauncy has some good ideas maybe shoot him a pm and ask him.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing about spacers, they are almost as expensive as new wheels. Unless you really like your stock wheels, you might as well buy new ones with a diffrent offset. Dont' forget about fender flare laws too, the police are picky about that near me.

BTW, they mounted my 37s today on my stock wheels. I'm not sure when I'm gunna put them on the truck, but I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes. According to tire rack, they measure out at about 36.3", so I'm not expecting any diffrence from what I have now, a 36.7" tire

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
Better post some pics when your truck is done then ;)

·
OH Snap!
503 Posts
If you want cheep wheels with enough backspacing to get em off the control arms but not so much that they rub the fenders, get some H2 wheels. I paid $80 for all 4 on ebay (i got lucky and only one person bid on em) and $80 to have the center hole machined to the right size as the Dodge hub is about a 1/4" to big and the wheel wont slide on. The H2 is 17x8.5 with 5.5" of backspacing. I dont rub my 315/70r17's on anything, not the bumper or the control arms.

Attachments

·
OH Snap!
503 Posts
Ebay listing Just one of the many sets on ebay. You could also try your local hummer dealer as many of them take off the stock wheels for some bling bling.
another one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts