DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone out there running 16.5" rims on your 2500s?
I got a chance to buy some real hummer tires and they are 16.5s. I may run the hummer rims aswell. Let me know if you have see this - thanks

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
my buddy has a couple sets of the tires. goodyear are they? anyhow, he had them on his first generatin ram. 16.5" rims...they were sweet!

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
My bud put Hummers on his 2500 got them for $400 all 4
Said they were Blems that were discolored on the inside

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they look like civilian tires...
the ones Im looking at are the mack daddy H1 Military HUMMER tires straight from IRAQ or somewhere.

Im worried about the rims not clearing the brake calipers. I will have to do some measuring, but I hoping you guys might know right off hand... I will post measurements for those inquiring

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
on a 2500/3500 I highly doubt it without some extensive brake mods

there's a guy, RAJ, who shaved his calipers a bit and fit 16.5's on his half ton, but I'm pretty sure it won't work on a 2500

my 18's barely have a quarter of an inch clearance, and 17's in my style wheel wouldn't fit on my 2500

but it's the same on the 1500's in the same style wheel, so our brakes might be the same size

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, I shaved the calipers on a '78 F-250 dana 44 to accomodate some 6 lug weld wheels made for a 2001 Chevy, Clearancing can be done. I just dont know the I.D. of the wheel I will choose, and the O.D. of the brake caliper, and Im guessing I will have to have special backspacing aswell. Gonna be interesting.

·
5,089 Posts
well, now the question is

if you bought them, would you have a problem selling them again for the same amount or a little bit more? lol

·
5,089 Posts
got any pics? I've honestly never seen an h1 up close, just crappy Tahoe2's with the 315's

are they the ones that allow the h1's to float? lol

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will have to get pics, i didnt take any the other day.
no joke, I have heard people honestly say that a H1 and H2 can float - just pitaful.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think they're just Good Year MTR's that come on H1's

·
5,089 Posts
no, they're not "just" goodyear mt/r's but they're the same tread pattern I think

and yes, with the right options on the h1's they can float, all of the military ones do

h2's I don't believe float, and even if an engineer told me I still wouldn't believe it, because tahoes and yukons don't lol

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well, i am an engineer, i can assure you that they do not.

and no, not the same tread pattern as an goodyear mtr. the guy that im getting them from has both mtrs and the military version. they say on the side "military oz" whatever that means

·
5,089 Posts
yeah I thought so, they're made by goodyear but no mt/r's

those tires are mean though

·
Layin' Low
2,032 Posts
I belive they ran Goodyear GS-A's until about 2002 or 2003, maybe even more recently, because I think they switched to the MT/R's in the past 2 years or so. Cant wait to see some pics of the real tires though.

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
heres the only pic i could find online quickly... I will go by my friends house sometime this week and get pics of the actual tires. but you will get the idea here:

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
Those are the old MTR's They just recently changed to the new ones.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.