DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done a Dyno test on their 2G 360 RAM, before any mods to the engine?
What were the results?
If you did it after some engine work, let me know some of the major worked you have done.

Thanks,

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
I would expect a stock 98 5.9 to be around 190rwhp

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are right...I went and got my truck dyno yesterday and here is what I got.
1st pull - 190.03 HP and 242.08 Torque
2nd pull - 194.41 HP and 245.76 Torque
3rd pull - 192.49 HP and 245.12 Torque.
This is a stock engine with no mods only a catback system.
I will be getting it dyno again in about two weeks with the following mods;
1. Mopar Performance Headers
2. Comp Cams Extreme Energy XR264 Cam duration at 50 212/218, Lift 480, 114 loaf separation
3. Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads
4. MSD 6AL Ignition control
5. 100 shot of Nitrous Oxide, Wet kit by NOS(I might install this but not shoot up for now)
6. Mopar Roller Rockers
7. Mopar Roller Tap lifters

I will dyno it when all this mods are done and post the results.

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
Catback probably added a couple to the rear wheels. Your next additions will probably yield around 40rwhp give or take depending on how the cam is setup. The RPM heads are they the alum ones? Nice port job before they go in will help a fair bit also :rck:

I dont see mention of a cold air intake. Making good hp means balance on intake and exhaust side. Also, to get the most, you will also need to flash the computer(more fuel/more timing) for the changes or get a piggyback tuner or stand alone engine management setup. Next pulls be sure to get wideband o2 readings as well.

Im heading to the dyno in a couple weeks. Just need to sort out timing and fuel with my SMT6(piggyback tuner) and put my interior back together. Hope to see 280-290 rwhp.(last full pull 270) My Procharger D-1SC should arrive end of next week and I am underdriving it 25% to start with. Expect to see 400rwhp minimum by July.

Best of luck, look forward to seeing your new #s ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that will be some impressive rwh! 400 is no joke....
Yes, the heads are the aluminum ones. I will look into getting a port job done on them.
I forgot to mention that I also purchased a Hypertech Programmer III and a Aeromotive A1000 Fuel Pump. I do have a cold air intake that I got back in 98 which I will be changing.

Thanks,

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
Forget my estimate on your next dyno. Ive been waiting to see some results from these heads for a while now so I dont have a clue what they will yield.
Marty at KRC sort of gave them a bad write up. Hughes on the other hand seems to love them and has them available with 3 different levels of port plus other options. I am leaning towards a set of stage II's with o rings but I am still on the fence.

You wont be that far off 400 yourself on the bottle :cool: Running 14 flats is getting pretty old (4yrs) so figured this year its 12s or bust or both :crazy:

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
yea im interested to see the results of both your dyno pulls as well, it's nice to see rams pulling big number at the wheels, i wish i had to the money to go wild with the motor on my truck

·
Registered
718 Posts
Damn 190 sounds weak, wish I had the money also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.