DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Let it go
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what tire pressure are you all running in your toyo open country M/T 35x12.5R20 Tires on your 1500 cc 4x4 hemi

·
Registered
875 Posts
Don't run them but i would put around 35psi in them and check wear as they go

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Those have a max pressure of 65 according to the website I don't think I would run less than 45-50 for the road. I think 35 would be too low and cause premature wear on pavement.

There is a calculation involved load rating vs pressure. So the tire you have has a load rating of [email protected] the stock tires are [email protected] the recommend pressure is 35. So to run your Toyo's at the same load rating you should run 42.

I usually ran 38 in the stock tires gave a better wear pattern My neighbor now has his at exactly 35 and his tires are wearing more on the outside which means it is under inflated.

So for the Toyo I would run 45 to keep it at the same load range as when I had my stock tires inflated at 38.

[email protected] MT = 49.15lbs/psi
[email protected] AT = 74.31lbs/psi
[email protected] MS/2 = 53.75lbs/psi
[email protected] HP = 59.11lbs/psi

Running stock HP @35 = 2069lbs rating 59.11*35

Of course if you tow or carry a heavier load you would inflate your tires to compensate to the load. You also need to leave room for expansion so the max pressure of 65 never inflate beyond 62psi allow for up to 3 psi for expansion.

Hopefully, I got everything correct I am no expert :D

·
Let it go
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Toyo said that with my truck weight and those tires for 50psi cold is the recommended pressure

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Well, if that's what they say then they know better just keep an eye on your wear pattern if it is wearing out the middle tread you know it is too much pressure. You will also know if it is too high by the way it steers and how rough the ride feels.

·
Registered
446 Posts
:gr_patrioGuess I better fill mine to 50. I've been running 40psi for about 3000 miles have seen and unusual wear. but if TOYO is sayin 50 I'll give t a shot. Thanks for the info I've been wondering this myself for awhile.

·
Registered
875 Posts
haha o well I've been running around 36psi in my 37s in the front and around 32psi in the rear and that's what it took to make them wear even on the road..any higher and they would wear faster in the middle

·
Let it go
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just to follow up. Psi in the toyos ride the best with no load @ 40-45 psi.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.