DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondring if anyone is running 35x12.50's with out lift their front end on factory wheels.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I'm running 35/12.5/20's with a 3" lift and it is tight. There isn't any rubbing, but I don't think it would clear without a lift.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm looking at putting 35x12.50's on myself. I think all you need is a 2" leveling kit. They are pretty cheep and easy to put on. You may also want to replace your front shocks if you do this. If I don't go for the 6" kit from Revtek I'm going to get the Rancho 2003-2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Leveling System. This kit comes wth front and rear shocks and allows for 35" with no prob.

·
Registered
129 Posts
many running 315 on stock wheels with no lift,,some rub ,some dont.......go to diesel truck resource or turbo diesel register,,,,and look under member galleries,,,,plenty of pics there of trucks all types of ways,,,,,,,,,,,,bama

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks,I had 35's on my 2004,with the hemi, but I had a 2" leveling kit.That was before I put the 6" kit on. Just wondering thanks.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I work as a salesperson at an S&S Tire in Lexington, KY.......the LT35x12.50R17's will rub only slightly (upper radius arms) on hard lock-to-lock turns when using factory wheels and no lift kit. I've sold one set to a guy that had a 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 SWB and another set to a guy with a 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 LWB SRW. The tires I sold were the Mastercraft Courser C/T's, as pictured (except mine are LT33x12.50R17's).
Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am running 35X12.50R17s on my truck, I only rub when I am at full lock going in and out of my driveway. Very Minor. I have a leveling kit in the garage, I just have to get around to doing it. I will post pictures in my gallery ASAP.

·
Registered
67 Posts
ive got 35x12.5's baja claw radials on my stock big horns with very slight rub at full lock. just went back to the dealer with the rpm ratings from mickey thompson and had them recalibrate my computer. now speedo is correct

·
kstompaint
338 Posts
If you do ANY off-roading, I'd reccommend the leveling kit. I have the 315-70-17 BFG's on my stock wheels with no lift, it rubs slightly at full lock. The O.D. of those tires is about 34.5". It'd look better with the leveling kit anyway and its cheap. I have a 6" Tuff Country on the garage floor for mine. As soon as I order the wheels and tires, I'm going to put it on.

hemikc4x4, how'd ya like the Tuff Country 6"? I was thinking of adding shackles or add-a-leafs with a spring spacer and tuck 40s on it but I think I have myself talked out of that. Every time I look at hognutz truck in his profile, I go back to my original plan.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I liked my 6" tuff country lift it looked really good with the 36" tires on 20" wheels(tires really measure 37").But if I was you I would buy a steering stabilier for your truck.I did and it helped alot.By the way stay away from the super swamper iroks.I hade about 5k on them when I traded my truck in.And only had afew more thousand left.By the way my truck was the same color as yours(except yours has the sport bumpers).When I bought my truck I wanted the sport package.But, I had to get what they had because, It was hard enough trying to find 2500 with the hemi and a 5 spd. manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
697 Posts
The factory 2500/3500 wheels have like 6.25" backspacing on a 17x8" wheel. If you get some H2 wheels they are a 17x8.5" wheel with 5.375" backspacing. I have the H2 premium wheels and 315-70R17 BFG A/T's and my tires don't rub anywhere with the 2.5" daystar leveling kit. No control arm rub, no fender rub, no bumper rub. So the perfect size wheel is 17x8.5" w/ 5.375-5.5" backspacing. However, a dodge with leveling kit is about the same height as a Ford with a 4" kit or a Chevy with a 6" kit. Basically they are lifted from the factory.

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong (people usually do) but the Power Wagon runs either 33 9.50's or 33 10.50's (not up on my tire lingo). Either or, you should be able to run the 33's with no problem. 35's will rub.

Side note: I usualy think 20" wheels with a lift look odd, but hemikc4x4 your truck is SWEET!!!

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
My H2s had no rub issues until I put the flares on with the mudflaps. Now they rub everytime I turn hard. I'm thinking about going back to 265s for more power plus better mileage....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Got Diesel?,

Don't do it! The H2 rims and BFG 315 tires make a great combo. Also, the BFGs are great in all weather.

I know what you mean about the power and MPG add. BUT HEY, what's a couple more dollars at the pump compared to the look! :)

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Ah, Young Grasshopper. Many things you must learn in world!
Looks are nice but Power is king! I'll take the power!! :rck:

I may keep the H2s/315s because I just sold my Alloys w/ 315s and I bought some polished alloys w/ 265s and a.............. :huh: :ylsuper: :dunno:

Lets just say I'll let you know in the near future..... ;)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Got Diesel? said:
I just sold my Alloys w/ 315s and I bought some polished alloys w/ 265s and a.............. :huh: :ylsuper: :dunno:
and a......new Super B turbo.

Greg

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Well, how about a Super B turbo, VanAaken C3.2 box to stack w/ the Quad box, and a FASS fuel pump to make sure I don't run out of fuel. I have gone totally nuts!!!
My wife's gonna crap but she taught me to try and find deals and now I have found several all at once and I'm gonna do this stuff sooner or later so I may as well make it sooner.... :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
315s and fuel milage

I 've been thinking about putting 315s on I already have the 2'' revtec kit on it, would I loose fuel milage? I'm getting an average of 21.5 now and I don't want to loose any. I'm running a ctd 6spd. 373 axle.any thoughts?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.