DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've seen a few posts from years ago on 37s with 3.92 and most people said they would need new gears for towing or risk blowing tranny and have litttle power and mpg.

My question is, has this opinion changed much since the 8 speed has become more prevalent?

I have a 2017 sport- night I am about to put a 6 inch lift on. Will put 37s if I don't have to swap gears, else I'll get 35s. I typically use truck as DD but will tow a 4500lb boat a few hours away once a week (during summertime). Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well to my bosses dismay, today has been entirely dedicated to researching this. I am thinking the consensus is, its not the best idea, but its also not the worst. I just hope it doesn't have too much of a monster truck vibe, not looking for redic, more like damn.

Anyway, i will be buying the wheels and tires tomorrow, so speak now or forever hold your peace.

I will make a build thread and link it here once complete, for whichever i buy.

·
Full Time Adventurer
7 Posts
37's on those 3.92 are going to suck. I've been towing on 35's with 4.10's and it wasn't much of a difference. Moving to 37's soon and planning to go to 4.88's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.