DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

35" Tires on a 2000 Durango

6K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  DodgeEnthusiast 
#1 ·
Okay I know its been said that the biggest tire the D can run on sthe stock front axle is a 33" but is anyone running anything larger?

I ask b/c the same thing is true on a Wrangler with stock axles but if you do not offraod then 35s will be okay so lonag as you regear; but you take the chance of breakeage if you do push the Jeep too hard. Is this something possible with the D or will the front axle crap out with the 35s?

#27 ·
hey guys guess what? I just looked in my 2002 FSM and I saw that I do have the C205F axle!! This is a good day!! I was working under the premise that I had the lesser 7.625 front axle. Time to start shopping for those 33" tires (and the egr brake caliper rebuild). Happy day!!

#28 ·
LOL! Glad I could help you out! Looks like you won't be making that trip up to MI, eh? C'mon, you need a break from those 92° days!

#29 ·
nah, the weather down here is getting real nice now. I spent the first 30 years of my life in Michigan/Ohio/Illinois, and while I do miss the great fishing and scenery up in the Northwoods, I certainly dont miss the weeks upon weeks of not seeing the sun.

Thanks for making me recheck my diff guys. I am a happy camper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.