DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want I tire that wont break the bank. I have wimpy 265/70/16 bridgestones on there now with 16x8 rims. I have a 3/2" lift. I want bigger tires, Maybe 305s or 315s.

I think i'm gonna get some Cruiser Alloy Commando Black 16x8 rims.
These: http://www.hubcap-tire-wheel.com/cruiser-alloy-commando-wheels.html

Most likely 315/75/16s

My top choice so far:

1. Mastercraft Courser MT 315/75/16 for $169

What would you recommend?

Does anyone retail sell Mastercraft anymore?

Whats another good tire for $150-200 for 305-315?

·
I disgaree...:)
2,032 Posts
Maxxis Bighorn

Cooper STT

·
David-2001 Ram Off-Road
2,857 Posts
Davcruz said:
Maxxis Bighorn

Cooper STT

Another vote here for the Bighorns :D

The Cooper's are very nice as well.

Contact "macstirebin" on ebay and let him know what you are looking for- check out his feedback as well-100%. Several people on Dodgetalk (including me) have bought from him and the shipping is really quick. He's also in Tennessee, and has the best deals on the Bighorn's I've seen. The only downfall is that since you are in Tennessee, you'll have to pay the sales tax (an extra 9.25%) :mad:

Good luck on your search!

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
276 Posts
Mastercraft Courser C/T. Its not as agressive as the M/T but its a nice A/T. I got mine from Car Quest.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would say 305's would be good. MTR's!!!!! There not loud and they perform well. I got 65K out of my last set.

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
buckshot mudders good cheep 8 ply tire it is agressive but quiet

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I couldn't find anyone that sold Mastercraft tires, I'll have to try out Carquest. I like how the bighorns look too. Yea, Top Guns is in Tn too, so I had to pay sales tax on my spacers and blocks. I'll check out that ebay guy.

What yall think about the General Grabber AT2? Anyone have those?

Edit: I friggin hate ebay, I can search for hours & still not find anything.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I got some HanKook 35x10.5x17 for my truck and I think they were less then $225 each. Not to loud and the sure do sling the mud/snow.

·
David-2001 Ram Off-Road
2,857 Posts

·
Ram x2
398 Posts
Second the Hankook Dynapro MT's. You can get them at Discount Tire and they are very afforadable. I ran the 295/75/16 size when I had my 3" lift and I thought they were outstanding tires for a MT.

BTW with a 3" lift, you can squeeze 315's onto your truck, but they will rub like crazy off road. With 3" of lift I would stay with the 295's (34") as a max size, unless you want to do some cutting.

Here is a shot of my truck with a 3" lift and the 295 Hankook MT's:

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the link jdr.

i like the looks of the bighorns over the buckshots.

I don't go off road much so rubbing shouldn't be an issue, plus i like big tires with a wide stance, i wanna get as big as a tire as I can.

those Hankook tires look very nice, but they are $244 for 315s...
while the Mastercraft Courser MT are $169 for 315s
and the General Grabber AT 2 are $152 for 315s
and Nitto Terra Grapplers are $182 for 315s
and the Maxxis Bighorns are $146 for 315s

All those are the best prices that I have found online so far.

So it seems for price & looks the Courser MTs and Bighorns are in the lead with the Grabber AT 2s in 3rd(dunno much about them), if I can find them anywhere in a store...

·
Registered
491 Posts
Maxxis Buckshots here 305/70/17's. 42,000 miles on a 3/4 ton diesel and still going.

·
Registered
3 Posts
a good lift

does any one out there know where i can get a good lift 4-5 inches for a 2001 ram sport. wanting to but 35's on my truck.

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been told & others have said they have fit 35s with 3" of lift, so if your just lifting it to fit 35s, u might be ok with just 3". But if you want to lift it 4-5" u should be able to fit 35s with no prob, maybe even 36s. The right backspacing on the rim is a big part of it too.

I've heard the fabtech 5.5 lift is a good one & that it really gives you 6". Or maybe a skyjacker kit.

·
I disgaree...:)
2,032 Posts
3" of lift is the minimum to run 35s and you can expect some rubbing if you wheel it. 5" is more inline with what you need to run 35s with no rubbing. You will need a 4.5" BS on the rims.

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Ion makes a 165 that looks sweet and not that much I am picking up a set in 17x10 tomorrow

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
those are nice, kinda remind me of the helo maxx 6. I think i'm gonna go with a black rim, I think chrome with all the black might look outta place on my truck.

·
01 off road ram
317 Posts
i finally got to test my bighorns out in some mud, hills and flats....very impressed, dug real good, climbed out of ruts with ease, cleaned themselves rather well too, big thumbs up!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.