DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been doing alot of research but cant seem to find a fixed answer..
I have a 2011 ram 1500 crew cab 2wd. I wish to install a cst 4.5 inch spindle lift, and i wasnt sure if i could fit 33x12.5 or 35x12.5 on the stock 20s that are 8" wide. The tire width is the main problem. Not the height. Supposedly 12 wides would rub the spindles.. Ive heard people have had to use small wheel spacers. Not sure if 35's would look better or 33's would look better. In need of some help. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Help

Im going through the same problem I thinking about ordering the cst 4 inch lift but the rims and tires I want are a 33x12.50x18 with a -24mm offset and I keep seeing all these post about wheel spacers and trying to avoid rubbing the spindle. Everything thing I read about the lift just says no more than a 5.25 backspacing. Im not an expert about tires so the offset is throwing me for a loop. I dont want to order the tires and rims and then have to try and find spacers so they will fit. Let me know if you find something out!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey TamalePrince,I'm no tire expert either but I can give you some info that I have on my truck if it helps. I have a 2011 dodge ram 1500 4x4. I put a level kit 2.75" front and 1.75" rear with a 1.25" body lift. I am running 35/12.5/18 nitto grappler M/T. The rims I have are 18" with a 4.5" backspacing with a 0 offset. Here is some pics on how the tires stick out.

Hope it helps give you an idea..

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
The CST or other spindles not only lift the truck, it pushes out the wheels 1.5 inches all by themselves......I have 4 inch spindles and 33-12.50 x 20 on stock 20 x 9 wheels, the tires stick out the fender about 1.5 inches..I alos have a 2.5 spacer in there but you get the idea of how far spindles push it out.Hope this helps...........here is mine

·
Registered
6 Posts
I appreciate it I finally received a call from a cst sales associate and was able to get everything squared away....I ended up going with the 4 inch cst spindles and a 1.5 rear spacer with blisten shocks both front and rear and im runninng 20x12 moto metals with a 305/55/20 nitto 420S looks awesome im very happy with the setup so far

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.