DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, today the 33x10.50x15 BFG Mud-Terrain KWs came in, so I had them installed on my stock wheels. On the way back from that a quick trip by Advance Auto Parts got me a set of Rancho 5000 shocks (for 3" raised vehicles). I must say, the 33" tires fit pretty well. Although they are a CLOSE fit in the front... there is NO rubbing at all - even at full lock - on the street. Off-roading I'm sure it'd rub on the bumper cover or inner fender well. I think for my own peace of mind I will do the PA 3" body lift in a couple weeks though.

Coming from a Durango on 20" chrome wheels just last week, this is quite a change. Honestly, I like it a lot better this way. :) For now anyway.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
Nice look Licken. I kinda wish that BFG had 33x105's for the 16" wheels. They do have 33x11.5's for the 16" wheels, but the extra inch of width does cause rubbing issues and fender and bumper clearance issues. While this can be addressed with some trimming, I would prefer to not do any trrimming.

Question. Do you notice any bottoming out with the longer shocks? I am torn as to whether go with the stock length shocks or the slightly longer ones.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Looks really good!!!! I'm thinkin on doing somewhat the same type of lift on my D. Lookin fwd to seeing it with the body lift.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've not ran across anything tonight that'd cause my shocks to bottom out. However, with the Durango on a lift and the rear axle hanging by only the leaf springs... the new shocks at full extension lined up with the shock mounting tabs perfectly. I'm glad I went ahead and got the ones that were 3" longer. Heck, why not? They were the same price.

I can't wait to see the body lift on it either. Although it seems like it could turn out to be a daunting task. Guess there's one way to find out eh? ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Oh the body lift will be a fun task. I loved every second of it though. It was a good time to hang out with the buddies and pretend we all know exactly what we are doing. If you come across any problems with the PA body lift post them. I had an inventory problem and I ended up needing more brackets. Don't make my mistake again. Take a "roll call" of parts before you dig into the D. Tires are lookin pretty dang good by the way!

·
Registered
662 Posts
I was thinking about adding a 2 inch body onto my current Torsion/Shackle lift and putting on 33/12.5's when my 32 inch muds run out....Anyone know a company that makes a 2 inch body lift for the D???

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm not sure, I know I checked on one for my 2000 and there was nothing. I wanted one to fit the 33's as well. They usually group the 00-03 together in things, so there might be. Good luck, and let me know if you find one. Thanks,

Brett

·
Registered
750 Posts
Licken2 said:
Coming from a Durango on 20" chrome wheels just last week, this is quite a change. Honestly, I like it a lot better this way. :) For now anyway.

So, why'd ya go the opposite direction. I mean, you haven't had the 20's for more than what, 6 months?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Esh said:
So, why'd ya go the opposite direction. I mean, you haven't had the 20's for more than what, 6 months?
I don't have any particular reason. Mainly it's because I "need" to have something to tinker with - and with the 20s, and lack of a good lowering kit, it sorta felt like my options were limited without REALLY spending some money. I've always had aspirations to have a nice, lifted, daily driver that is also somewhat functional if the mood strikes - the Durango just happened to be in my drive what I decided that's the route to take. (I've got an 84 Chevy 3/4 that's lifted, but it's my 'tear it up' truck and not exactly comfortable.) The 20s are in the garage and may find their way back on it next spring, but who knows.
:cool:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's a few more pictures. This shows just how close it is... although still no rubbing on typical grocery gettin' missions.

This is how close the tire is to the front bumper.

Here's the rear side of the front tire, side closest to the drivers door.

Those pictures are with the wheel cranked in either direction, stopping at the point where it's the closest. The 3" body lift will make it mostly better, I think.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Can we get a profile with the new setup? And also maybe a rear corner shot so we can see how wide those tires are. Thanks man. I really appreciate it.

Brett

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.