DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can't get a response so I'll try again. I'm doing my homework on new rims and tires cause soon I'm going to purchase, once I feel satisfied with what I want. I have stock height, I might go 33x12.5x20 with toyo m/t and xd series badland or hoss in chrome, but if I can get a 33" mud tire for a 22" rim I will go that route... so anyone know of any mud tire as such? what's my overall diameter of a wheel you can go? want to hear ever one else opinion on what they think would look best so don't hold back!

thanks for any help:help:

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
going to be an awful small sidewall if you find a 33 for a 22. i have seen 35s on 22s and thought it was too little. i have 35s on 20s and sometimes wish i woulda went with 18s

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah and that's why I figured I haven't came across one yet... that's why I turn to my knowledge filled D.T community cause no one will no better then us:worthy:!!! but if someone does know if it does exist please respond!!! I kind like that low profile look but still need and like that mud tire tread... kind of a new market for looks like that... that's what cooper zeon M/T's are based upon... that crossbreed of mud tire and performance tire... 33"x12.5"x20" is the sidewall skinny like low profile?

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts
Toyo Open Country M/T - 33x12.50R22E

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow... you found one:rck: I thought they didn't make em like that

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that price is a little insane over the top... if i level out and put on a body lift maybe I'll go 35's on a 20" maybe 22" if I keep stock or just level I'll maybe stick with 33" 0n 20"

·
2013 Sport
610 Posts
Dude. Seriously. A 33" mud tire wrapped around a 22" wheel?:ugh
Truck's gonna look like an elephant tip-toeing in ballet shoes. But not that there's anything wrong with that.....

·
Registered
602 Posts
Truck's gonna look like an elephant tip-toeing in ballet shoes. But not that there's anything wrong with that.....
I think it would look good, I would never wheel it like that for fear of trashing the rim at low PSI or any PSI for that matter. These trucks need a min of 33" tire, The stock setup I had with the 33" and 20" rims looks small under my truck.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think it would look good for a show truck, new kind of style... I'm not saying I'm gonna do it. I hunt, fish and have toys to tow! so I'm probably doing the whole body lift, torsion bar crank with 35" on 20"

·
They call me Fred???
530 Posts
305/45/22's would work as well. Nitto has a few cool tread patterns.

·
Respected Member
3,591 Posts
:thatfunny:thatfunny:thatfunny:thatfunny

I always like the LOOK of a thin sidewall MT on a nice wheel but its not pratical. its purely for show. for me a 35 on 20 is about as small as you can go and still have some sidewall flex for offroad.

IMO, if you want a 22" wheel with an aggressive looking tread go with a AT, they will balance better and have a better road feel to then also. the MT has thick tread and will most likely be hard to keep in balance for a smooth ride.

·
Registered
439 Posts
ordered 22x11 monsters and they just couldn't do anything less than a 37 mt, if i really wanted to cry they could have got me a 35 mt but it wasn't gonna be a good price like the 37. mt's for 22's are not too common yet

·
2013 Sport
610 Posts
Sorry for the sarcasm. Guess it was a little harsh. I don't know, I'm from the older school of thought on 4 wheel drive wheels and tire sidewall. All depends on what you are trying to do with the vehicle. Do you want a specific look, or function? Either way, best of luck to you with it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts