DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 2500 4X4 Crew LWB CTD 6SPD . I want to put on the 315 70 17 BFG AT KO tires. I have the stock Chrome/steel wheels. My question is will they rub? and will they fit with out the level kit?
About the level kit, I am looking at ebay at topgunz something another, and also putting on new shocks and steering stabilizer. Is this the right thing to do? What is this death wobble? I had a 2 inch spacer on a 01 1500 and it drove fine.
I also have a concern over load rating on these tires. The 315 70 is a D range (3195 lb). About the closest thing to it in a E rated tire is the 305 65 (same as a 285 70), but it also states 3195 lbs. Is there more to the letter rating?(plys?) I am having hell finding an all terrain in a 35 inch for a 17 wheel in a 10 ply
Thanks in advance for any help. I have been reading posts for days trying to find this info. I need to know fast , Pep Boys is running tires buy 3 get 1 free until Dec 1st. Plus the michelons are about bald(@35000) :help:

·
Kaos AD
1,368 Posts
Ok brother I'm pretty much where you are. But I have found some reference sites.As for the 35's too big to be safe on the stockers from what I've found, I'm going with the 305 till rims can be achieved.As for the leveling kit go with the ones with springs for lift.(much easier and safer) I'm putting the 2.5 inch leveling kit with nitro shocks on my truck soon (already purchased) so I'll be posting soon.
Can't seem to send urls on this site so hit my email and I'll send ya some incredibly helpful sites. projnostic at yahoo.
Also tirerack. com really kicks azz.
C-ya
Darren
River City Off Road Club LaCrosse WI
:gr_patrio

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen a pic or 2 with 315s on stockers with and without the level kit and say they dont rub. But I have seen the stuff people say about the rubbing, but all say its minor. My goal is to put a level kit on it, and get the 35s now, and maybe get new wheels later , and I would all ready have the tires.Would 33s rub if put on the stock wheels? The stock ones are 31.6 inches tall
Or I go with 33s , which there are none in a load range E except mudders, or I go down to a 305/65/17 which is basically a 285/70 but it is E rated . The 285 is like only 1 inch taller. A true 33 incher would be 1 1/2 inches taller (33/12.50/17, but there are no ATs , just mudders. I mainly ride on concrete , but want the look of the BFG AT KO.

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
Toyo Open Country AT, Nitto Terra and Dura Grappler are available in load range E for 285's.

MikeyB

·
Registered
7 Posts
If those tires in that size on stock rims with no lift and no rubbing.

My truck is the same as yours except it is a shortbed automatic.

I also ran those tires on an '03 just like this '06. No lift, no rubbing. I do drive on and off road. The off road is mostly pasture field and construction sites.

You will NOT be disappointed with the look or performance of those tires. Expect to get 75,000 miles from them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont know about 75000 miles , maybe 30....lol
Well I ended up ordering the 315s from pep boys, (buy 3 get 1 free) . They will be here next week. Yesterday I ordered a set of American Racing Wheels , style 187 in a 17X9. They have a backspace of 5 inches so hopefully that will fix any rubbing. I couldnt pass the wheels up for $465.00 shipped, includes center caps , lugs , and chrome valve stems. Got them from a guy off of Ebay, but not an auction, just emailed the guy(socalcadillacs) He said I should get them fast. I hope!
I am installing the 2 inch level kit (from topguncustomz), new shocks and new stabilizer(rough country) this weekend. Im putting on extend a fender flares with the HD Flap style of mud flaps from Dodge on.(not the plastic molded ones) I will take before and after pics and post them (if I can figure that out)lol :rck:

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
sounds sweeet. The easiest way to post pics is to create a photobucket account....Upload the pics and then past in the proper url in your thread.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
like $280 a piece ,buy 3 get 1 free($840 total) via mail in rebate. Tire rack is like $220 a piece, plus $100 to ship($980). I also have them mount balance and align , and they rotate those hogs every 5000 miles for free and balance any time I feel vibration. I figured it was worth it not to rotate them myself :thatfunny
Oh yeah, pep boys ad went off dec 1. The sales guy said they may run it again, but who knows, watch their ad.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh yeah, if I could get 75000 out of a AT tire, now THAT, would be sweet :rck: I hope I get at least 50,000. The michelon junk they put on them are bald and I have less than 40,000. my old 04 2wd diesel quad long bed ate the same tires up before 30,000. A friend of mine had an 03 4wd diesle quad that ate them in 45000. Those michelons are junk......LOL

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All right I got the wheels and tires on there today and I think it looks awesome. No rubbing at all. Slightly on the mudflap, but if you didnt have it , no rub. I havent flexed it , but in regular driving , no rub. I am glad I went with the 315s and not 33s. They look great. I am going to try and post some pics, before and after, and after the mudflaps and flares with stock tires. :drivingz: http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg150/bjhhs125/Truck/IMG_0395.jpg
after flares and mud flaps, stock 265s

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
looks much better, but daaaaaym that is a long truck

·
Registered
124 Posts
Looking good, I had my BFG AT's for almost 40k. Something I noticed, whoever mounted your tires messed up. The blue paint on the tire marks the light point on the tire. This is supposed to line up with the valve stem on your wheel. When you line them up it takes less weight to balance and makes the tires hold balance longer.
Just trying to help you get all the miles out of the tires as you can.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hmm, I didnt know about the blue spot, but what can you expect out of pep boys......They actually balanced pretty good with very little weight. I will be sure to bring it up with them when they rotate them

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
You made some good choices, looks great :rck:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks. I just wish my wife would allow the 6 inch lift..... :D maybe next year
Does anyone think that by not having that blue dot lined up with the valve stem will hurt? They seem to have balanced fine...guess I will have to wait and see.....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts