DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who has gone with a 305 width tire would you make the same choice again or would you have stayed with the 275 tire width? Thanks Robert

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 305's. I would do it again only if I stll live in a place with very little rain
everytime your roll over water you need to wash your truck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point.

·
HC-Racing,LLC
1,841 Posts
I still like my 305's.
I think 275 looks too narrow on our big trucks..
Plus I only plan on a 2/4 drop..
I dont hink you can run 'em that wide with over that..
L.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
I love my 305's. I get tons of comments and love the handling differences. They didn't cost any more (less in fact) than my original tires. Never going back.

2,395 Posts
I still wish i had 305 tires! traction sucks with these skinny factory 17's! lol

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
i have 305s on my 22s with a 2/4 drop and no problems

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
slvrmagnum said:
I have 305's also, yes I would do it again and will in Jan when I need new rear tires.
wonder why....dont u rotate your tires??

·
"Cone Killer"
2,441 Posts
HemiRamOn22s said:
wonder why....dont u rotate your tires??
absolutely not...

I would rather only replace 2 tires adn not 4 at once... I get perfectly flat wear on the fronts, so no need to rotate... so now when i get my new ones to replace the rears, I will put my old fronts on the rear and put the new ones on the front.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Alrighty then.......... lol

KB

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
slvrmagnum said:
absolutely not...

I would rather only replace 2 tires adn not 4 at once... I get perfectly flat wear on the fronts, so no need to rotate... so now when i get my new ones to replace the rears, I will put my old fronts on the rear and put the new ones on the front.
Ok so replace 2 tires every 10k or 4 tires every 30k....hmmm

·
"Cone Killer"
2,441 Posts
HemiRamOn22s said:
Ok so replace 2 tires every 10k or 4 tires every 30k....hmmm
Where is your logic even founded??? I dont see how pulling milage numbers out of thin air proves your point... why would I be replacing 2 tires every 10k miles?

The way it is going to go for me, I am going to replace 2 at 15k miles and then 2 every 10k miles after that, or 4 every 20k miles... I dont see the difference other than timing when I have to replace tires, either way I am going to get 20k-25k miles out of the tires... this also keeps the performance consistent especially when autocrossing...

·
"Cone Killer"
2,441 Posts
I guess my point is, I drive teh piss out of my truck, I would be luck to get 30k miles out of them if I rotated them... this way I should get about 25k out of them and only replace 2 every 10-15k... which would work out to getting 25k on each tire.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the comments on the 305s. Im still undecided. I have the factory 20s and the pics that I see with the factory 20s and 305s seem to stick out further than the ones I see with aftermarket wheels. This is my only delima. I know I could always get fender flares if it was a problem. I think that some tire brands seem narower than others. Maybe I need to pick one that is a narrower and go with that one. Robert

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
i will do it again...i will probably never wear these out..... :(

·
"Cone Killer"
2,441 Posts
If you are worried about them sticking out, you are right, on a stock 20 the 305s will stick out a bit...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I just looked at my truck again and the factory 275/60/20s do stick out also but more so on the side wall than at the tread. The tread is still tucked under the fender. But man, do I like the tread width of the 305s. I just may have to get fender flares. Does any one know of a 305 tire that is not as wide in the tread area???????? I like the Falkens and also the Hankooks. I know that the Goodyears will have to wide of tread. Thanks

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.