DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted some advice/help with all this stuff, plan to do the wires/plugs before 40,000 miles but not right now...I DO plan to do the differential again and the trans. fluid and filters for the first time. How hard is it to change the trans. filters and drain and add new fluid? Also, is it OK for me to buy a pump for the differential and pump and refill, or is it absolutely necessary to redo the seal I made last time @ 15,000 miles between the diff. and the cover? Any tips on any of this stuff? Also, when doing the plug/wire change, from what I understand all I need to do a tune-up is the plugs, wires and pcv valve right? am i missing anything? thanks for any help guys!

·
Blue Dodge Ram
317 Posts
I bought a pump for the changing the differentials, however the one that came with the pump was a too thick and was not able to get down inside the differential. I ended up just taking it to Jiffy lube and its $35 for each and takes about 20 minutes. Or you can take the covers off again. I heard that the transmission isn't hard, but is a little messy since there is no drain plug. This can also be done at Jiffy Lube for $85. As far as changing plugs make sure you use anti seize and you also don't have to change the wire till 60K unless you want to. Saw this in the owners manual for the 04 so I am assuming the 05 is about the same.

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
tamuccmike.
Do you have the corporate 9.25 axel with the LSD in it?
If so, I wouldn't just suck out the old diff oil.
I'd remove the cover and inspect the LSD and diff, for those pesky c clip clutch pack retainers.
You would never see this damage if you were to just suck out the old oil.
Al.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.