DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Technology Handyman
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to put the 3 light under my tailgate, I bought one from farm and fleet and I put it on then was not able to get my gate to open. I am not to sure ho the fire and ice bar would look on a 2500, I looked at dodges an the one that goes on the gate is 52.00 (pre mid 2006) the one that goes below the gate (2006+) are also the same price. I looked at chevy's bar and it is almost identical to dodge's and it is 36.00. What do I do? All i want is 3 lights under my gate :help: :dtrocks:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Have you thought of the Line of fire or similair light bars?

·
Technology Handyman
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is that?

·
Technology Handyman
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am on the fence as to if 52.00 is worth 3 little lights, and I could really use cab steps, tow mirrors, remote start, and a cap. The list continues :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mikereidjr, look back in this forum. I just started a thread with the Fire and ICE Leds. I have pics there and a video if you want to see them. Very easy to install, and best of all they look really cool.

Here is the thread http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125551

Just a thought.

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
Well are you wanting the 3 lights for looks or because you need something thats DOT approved? If so, does anyone know if the Fire and Ice are DOT approved as an identification bar?

·
Technology Handyman
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just like the look of the three lights and I bought the first one for like 10 bucks, only to find out the gate dosent open if it is installed I really dont want to pay 52.00+

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
You could always mount it on the gate. That's what I am going to do with mine over the weekend. I also got a 10 dollar one but I feel that if it breaks, so what, it's 10 bucks. It's better than busting up a 52 dollar set of lights. I just have to find a gasket to put around the pastic so it doesn't totally fubar up my paint.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.