DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i got a 74 dodge w 100 4x4 with a new rebuilt 360 and it has an auto and i was wondering how hard putting a 4 speed in it and if i would like what i gained and is there n e way to shortin up the throw im 16 and i wanna have fun!

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
Not hard if you have the parts, although you'll have to be somewhat mechanically inclined and it will take about 2-6 days to do, depending on you skills and how much time you have to work on it. Will probably cost about 400-500 bucks, if you do the work yourself.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i work in a diesel mecanic shop but my boss is a mopar finatic and he has a pickup with a 4 speed in it i would just buy i have a seprate transfer case does the transmision have to be special for that....and is there n e way to shortin up the throw in the shifter

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
It might actually be easier w/ the divorced T-case. Not sure if the trans is different for that or not. As for shortening the throw on the shifter, no, not really. It's a truck tranny, it's made for longevity, not for powershifting.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well what tranny do you have in your truck will it bolt up to my 76 360 do you like it or are you satisfied about how much did it cost and so on what is power shifting for sure i dont want to race exactly i just have a sub in the middle of my seats nad not two feet for a shifter to move around

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.