DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys is there that much of a noticeable difference in performance between the two?I made a 3 inch homebrew connected to the stock airbox with a drop in K&N and it did'nt make big difference.So I'm wondering if the 4inch will make noticeable difference.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
What other mods do u have? If the intake is the only mod u have, i doubt u will notice a change. Plus, i have read before that someone dynoed a drop in k&n filter and it actually dropped his hp.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...r u runnin yur intake back to the stock airbox or to an open element?

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
simioh said:
Plus, i have read before that someone dynoed a drop in k&n filter and it actually dropped his hp.
I dont have any hard facts but tend to agree with you on this. I had a ebay intake with a K&N, but removed it because to was short and was sitting right above the engine sucking in all warm air. I put the factory box back on with a K&N drop in and noticed a loss in power. I just installed a Zomk Speed intake off ebay and feel that power back. Well what little extra power it gives to my 3.7:D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm attaching it to my stock box with the drop in k&n.I made a 4inch homebrew today it seemed to feel a little better.As far as mods none really except the homebrew and muffler delete.Superchips is on the way though,Thanks Southern Hotrod.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...the reason I asked is because now the snorkel becomes the bottleneck...what I did was drill four 1" diamenter holes in the bottom of the box to allow more air flow... my truck seems to like it and now the roar is louder when I'm on it...

·
Finally a 5 speed
2,419 Posts
chefred112 said:
...the reason I asked is because now the snorkel becomes the bottleneck...what I did was drill four 1" diamenter holes in the bottom of the box to allow more air flow... my truck seems to like it and now the roar is louder when I'm on it...
My airbox doesn't have much of a bottom anymore. I did a 3" intake on mine. Didn't notice a huge difference, maybe some more throttle response.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...an every little bit helps...hehe...

·
Finally a 5 speed
2,419 Posts
chefred112 said:
...an every little bit helps...hehe...
Yes it does. I think I have the little stuff out of the way. Now I need the bigger stuff to complement them.

Sorry for being a little off topic, but how do you like your new 6.1 cam Fred?

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...Let's see, I installed it 2 saturdays ago and have put on about a thousand miles on it since then...yea I LOVE IT...

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...man...i can only imagine what the more aggressive ones can do...but yea, there is an obvious difference from stock...

·
Finally a 5 speed
2,419 Posts
Glad it went good for you. I plan on doing one sometime in the future. I may go with the KRC 210 or the comp 260.

On topic though, I may try a 4" pipe and see what that does. I am using the stock airbox though so I would think that would be the biggest restriction as well as the throttle body opening. Thats why I just went with the 3" pipe.

Did you eliminate the Hemi-hat and go straight to the throttle body?

I'll get a few pics of mine later on or tomorrow.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...here's mine...

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.