DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i ordered my stuff to do my 3" lift. My sisters fiance told me that it might cause my U-joints to wear out because of the extra angle that everything will be running at. Is this true? is there any issues with the drivetrain as a result of lifting it?

·
Registered
137 Posts
i lifted my 98 short box 4" i had to grind on the front yoke for clearence at full drop. it has been lifted for almost a year no joint issues but i change them every year to year and a half. i don't think you have anything to worrie about with a 3" :rck:

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bentrocker. Where did you get your 4" lift. That's pretty tall for 4" maybe im jsut halusinating though

·
Registered
137 Posts
it is a trail master 4" in long arm in the front and i put superlift 4" softrides in the rear. i actualy had to pull the heper and the next leaf up to level the truck & and as high as it looks my krawlers rub like heell on the back of the front fenders i may need to go 2" taller :D

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Does increasing the shaft increase U joint wear? Yes, but a 3" lift is very mild and your shaft angles will be fine. Any wear on your U Joints will be minimal and you shouldn't see a shortened life of the ujoint

·
Jake The Snake
371 Posts
i put a 3" lift on my 98 1500, but the joints had allready went bad before the lift was put on.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My U joints went bad just last week. I replaced them before I traded. I have to think the new pitch of the driveshaft had to have something to do with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.