DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I have a 01 off road and I was thinking of order the 3 inch front springs from skyjacker to level the front. I think I remember seeing that 3 inches in the front can still work on the stock control arms and front end. I need new shocks anyways and I have a thuren track bar I need to install so I figured I would throw on the 3 inch springs to lever out the front while I am doing stuff. So the 3 inch up front will be fine??

·
Registered
607 Posts
3" will work fine, will only get you an inch or so compared to the Offroad springs though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The inch or so is really all I was looking for. Just enough to get close to level with the rear.

·
Jason
3,866 Posts
2" coil spacers would be cheaper than new springs. Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is true but with the 2 inch spacers on top of the roughly 2 inch lift from the offroad package thats too much for the stock control arms and would pull the axle back and I dont want that. Plus I just dont like spacers, its a personal thing.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
03R6 said:
This is true but with the 2 inch spacers on top of the roughly 2 inch lift from the offroad package thats too much for the stock control arms and would pull the axle back and I dont want that. Plus I just dont like spacers, its a personal thing.
I ran both a 2" spacer, then a 3" spacer on my Off Road for a while. No problems with either. The reason why I went with spacers vs new springs was simply so I could use my coil spacers after I got the 5" lift kit I wanted. I used stock control arms on both the 2" and 3" spacers, but I was only running 33x13.50 tires at the time. No rubbing issues with the 33's, but if I had gone to 35's, they would have rubbed big time because the axle was pulled so far back, like you mentioned.

The 3" springs will do ya just fine. Which one of the Thuren Trac bars did you get? The bolt in version or the weld in?

·
Registered
73 Posts
01 - You ran a 3 inch spacer on your truck and had no problems aside from pulling the axel back some? I was considering a 3 inch over a 2inch but wasnt sure if it would be too much for stock Off Road suspension. I will be getting a BFG's 315/70/17's to go on there soon, I think the spacer and possibly an add a leaf would make it look pretty good. Thanks for the info

Buddy

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
ram30goal said:
01 - You ran a 3 inch spacer on your truck and had no problems aside from pulling the axel back some? I was considering a 3 inch over a 2inch but wasnt sure if it would be too much for stock Off Road suspension. I will be getting a BFG's 315/70/17's to go on there soon, I think the spacer and possibly an add a leaf would make it look pretty good. Thanks for the info

Buddy
Before you waiste your money, go to the tire store you're going to be getting the 315's (close to 35's) from and test fit them STOCK. Make sure you can turn full lock to lock, and see if you can find a loading ramp or something to get a little flex working. See if they rub, and how much they rub. I've been told that 35's will fit on a STOCK Off Road. I'll tell you this. 35's did NOT fit for me with the 3" coil spacer (35x12.50R17 BFG MT). Axle was pulled too far back. Same with the 2" spacers.

The control arms are what control where your axle is centered front to rear. The Off Road control arms are the exact same control arms as the regular rams. So you've basically got a 2" lift from the factory, and you're adding a coil spacer on top of that. So you're asking your STOCK control arms to work on a 4" or better lift.

HTH

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the bolt in track bar from thuren. It is a very nice peice.

·
Jason
3,866 Posts
ram30goal said:

Buddy
3" body lift is the way to go. I know a guy runnin that same tire, same size on a '01 Offroad with just the body lifted.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for info... I might just go with 33's the shop I am goin thru is a friend of the family. He is giving a few options I have to run over there tonite. Sorry to hijack the thread.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.