DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my 2001 Durango R/T (full-time AWD), I'm like a day away from ordering the rancho 3 inch suspension +RS9000 shocks and skid plate ---- Some have said that the kit is not compatible with the full time AWD of the R/T.... others have said that theres no reason why it wouldn't work and that rancho just never tried it.... or something.... and that they have used it successfully on other Durangos with AWD case....

whatdayathink??

1. This is gonna fit right everyboudy? its ok on AWD?!

2. anybody ever seen a suspension lift on an R/T?

3. How are those shocks?? They are adjustable - sounds good.... but could I do better to order kit alone and find some other really sweet shocks for same amount?? anybody had experience with these or others on their D??

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
wont work.

Rancho has discontinued mfg'ing the 2000-2002 lift kit. Even if you could find an existing one for sale, the AWD transfer case is incompatible with the lift. One of the forum members with an 02D and AWD transfer case found this out the hard way by eating thru several front drive shafts. The front drive shaft uses a CV joint on the tranfer case side of the driveshaft and the increased angle of operation due to the dropped front diff was too extreme for the CV joint. After learning of this problem Rancho stopped advising use of this lift for the AWD tranfer case and not long after that they discontinued the mfg of it completely.

You still have an easy option that is almost as good as the Rancho lift. The 2" TS lift is reliable, inexpensive, easy to do, and tough. It allows fitting the same size tires as the Rancho lift.

There is a ton of info on the TS lift. Check the tire/suspension forum for more info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that!! Everybody has had a different answer for me on this - That is the problem that I expected.... Could I not rectify the problem with a custom driveshaft with additional C/V - I really want to make it work!

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
There is no easy way to fix this driveshaft problem. Several have tried, none has come up with a viable option. This is part of the reason that this lift has been discontinued.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.